Thank you Tamiya Masking Tape !!!!

F

flyerscales

This stuff is amazing. Simply put. You want straight lines...stick a little tamiya tape down, and paint. I just picked it up only hours ago, and already used it to detail some missles for the P-38, and to also color the tips of the wings, horizontal stab, and vertical stabs. If you've seen pics of the P-38, you know what I am talking about.

F

Fenlander

Must admit, I got a roll of 6mm and 18mm and it is really good. However, the first use of it had to be to tape up the dispensers which always fall open in the tool box. Not a huge problem but to keep those edges sharp, the last thing you want is muck sticking to the sides of the roll.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
It's great stuff. I don't know how they do it. I took some off a model a while ago with no problem but when I removed some Frisket film (original stuff), that I'd made masks for some code letters with, it lifted the paint! Frisket is pretty low tack stuff... it makes you wonder.

Cheers

Steve (off to get on with his 109...finishing line in sight!)

View attachment 20673

IMG_1875.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
N

noble

Heh man i've got to admit compared to ordinary masking tape this stuff is the dogs, when you peel it off you don't get any residue like you can do with the ordinary stuff... it is a little pricey though but i find that it is worth every penny.

scott