That blown up feeling!

N

N B FORREST

WARNING-this is hazardous but effective and fun!

To get that exploded effect on buildings, vehicles, artillery etc, (not card or similar materials) - buy some fireworks, carefully gunpowder, pour on area to be blown up, light with a taper, stand back(or loose eyebrows), small flash, unless you`ve used a ground blaster! Very effective.

I will upload a picture of one I did a time ago when young and daring, now old and foolish (according to her indoors who thought the two boxes of fireworks were for some party or something-silly woman!}

:fireworks

T

tag

Also never tried it but if you can still buy them there used to be some small indoor poppers that was just wrapped in paper twists when these where thrown at a model give a small bang and left very small residues which could be sealed over with Future or clear coat

As I said I dont know if you can still get them though in our (Police enforced Government controlled happy state)

Sorry just joking officer

N

N B FORREST

I know them...you can still get them, but you have to chuck them hard against something usually..perhaps at our useless PM!:smile11:

H

Hilde

That is just plain stupid. any diorama modeller can build a bombed out building and rubble much easier and less foolish than your way

N

N B FORREST

True, a skilled modeler can, but there are more ways to crack an egg!give it a try!

T

tag

Hilde your missing out on a lot of fun;

Large Flame BIG bang lots of smoke can make your day

more ways to crack an egg!
The idea is not to crack an egg but;

To Destroy it :tongueout1:

also modelling is supposed to be fun to do and un-do, re-do, un-do again then knock seven bells out of it

The MAIN word is FUN!!

D

Dingo

I know it's a late reply but after doing the rounds of this forum I just had to answer MAN talking blowing up your hobby, I could easily do stuff like that with what we have in this house, talk about staring WW3 coould easily do that 2 BUT it's certainly a good idea for getting that bombed feeling or is that bummed feeling oh well who knows jsut blow it up anyway BOOM.

Dingo :knight: