THE JOHANNES KEPLER (THE BIG JOE)

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
This is the my scratch made concept model from the Harry Harrison story Spaceship Medic. Described as a drum and a basket ball connected by a gas pipe.

The interplanetary spaceliner Johannes Kepler (Big Joe) sets out from Lunar Station orbit to Mars.

Over one hundred passengers settle down for ninety-two days of fun and relaxation,

little did they know that not one, but two disasters would befall them...

BIGJOE8_zpsps7lihva.jpg

BIGJOE3_zpsnzyv7oth.jpg

BIGJOE1_zpsb1omgthr.jpg

BIGJOE4_zpsv9cmzvzp.jpg

BIGJOE2_zpsoyxzc4fm.jpg

BIGJOE5_zpssb9fbilx.jpg

BIGJOE9_zpskgxmudn4.jpg

Si:smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That's a cracking piece of.................. "Drum and a basket ball connected by a gas pipe" Si.......... really do like that.....

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great Si,I do real like that so well done, ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice job Si. 92 days of relaxation and enjoyment, where do I sign up. But before I sign up for my voyage, first, not being knowledgeable of the story, what happens to them? :eek:

D

dougie

Best use of bits and bobs I've seen in a while. It's got an eerie feel to it, like something from alien or such.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Nice job Si. 92 days of relaxation and enjoyment, where do I sign up. But before I sign up for my voyage, first, not being knowledgeable of the story, what happens to them? :eek:
Well, first a meteor rips a hole through the drum, killing the main crew and some passengers, if that wasn't bad enough it also contained a virus that is slowly killing them...

Still want to go Joe? :D

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Thanks for all the comments, glad you enjoyed it, was a fun build. I intentionally left off any colour and gave it a more washed out look with some slight weathering from cosmic rays/dust etc. I figured that it as it lives in space all the time the paintwork may not be in pristine condition after years of service.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Top job Si , a brilliant bit of scratching and i just love the idea of making your own interpretation of something only ever described in writing , its just as your mind sees it. Cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
\ said:
Well, first a meteor rips a hole through the drum, killing the main crew and some passengers, if that wasn't bad enough it also contained a virus that is slowly killing them...
Still want to go Joe? :D
Sounds better than work mate!