The Lambo has ground to a halt......... I'm Gutted.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
My Lamborghini Countach build has come to a grinding halt .......... I started looking at the the body and cleaning up the parts. and there is a bit missing. The right hand door vent :mad:

I bought this as a part built and for reasons best know to the original owner a lot of the parts were off the sprues. I checked everything as best I could but I guess I missed this bit. I've struggled with badly fitted parts, broken parts and a couple of other missing bits that I managed to fabricate........ But this missing door vent is "the kicker"....... I've proper had enough of it and I'm gutted.

I'll have a look tomorrow to see if I can fabricate something. But If I do, then I'll need to do bothe sides to match..............But it'll probably just get shoved back in the cupboard.

View attachment 110899

View attachment 110900

View attachment 110901

DSCN1488.JPG

DSCN1489.JPG

DSCN1490.JPG

D

dougie

You will manage something... I'm not as good at building as you and have nearly recovered the Ferrari I pretty much melted! I'm sure with a bit of effort you can have a bit of fun either fixing or modding this.

First Name
Adrian
The part you have, is the lost part identical to it?

Just thinking you may try doing a resin cast of it?

Adrian

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Out with the plastic card, see if you can scratch something up.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
The part you have, is the lost part identical to it?
Just thinking you may try doing a resin cast of it?

Adrian
No I'm afraid not Adrian............ One is left hand and One is right Hand.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Out with the plastic card, see if you can scratch something up.
Yes I think I'll have to do that .......... I have a couple of ideas now to scratch something for both sides so they are identical.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
You will manage something... I'm not as good at building as you and have nearly recovered the Ferrari I pretty much melted! I'm sure with a bit of effort you can have a bit of fun either fixing or modding this.
Thanks Dougie ...... I have a couple of ideas to scratch something up.

M

My Model Car Workshop

Hope you can manage to make a new part. That's the trouble buying uncompleted kits, you never know if everything is in the box.

S

steve scan

Bummer don't let it beat you, even if you put it away for a while and get it out when you are feeling better about it, good luck.