The love bug (to cheer up my missus)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all roymattblack sent this model to cheer my missus up in her recuperation.

15hjubr.jpg

2u5vnfm.jpg

First off let me say this may take quite a while as looking after Pam takes a lot of my time, but things should get easier as she recovers.

This model does not have a sun roof as Herbie does so that's the first thing to tackle  (luckily I did the samba bus a while ago with the sun roof open, it was a little too wide and long and a little too flat but nothing that can't be fettled)

nvcfp1.jpg

2qb837m.jpg

2r3gz90.jpg

351xvth.jpg

J

John Huggins

Hope Pam recovers quickly, as for the love bug looking good Ken, will be watching this build mate.

John. 

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well i said this will take a while, my missus is getting a bit better so I may get more done in the following weeks, anyhow here is a small update.

2hh3v4w.jpg

2u73z49.jpg

kai62c.jpg

2ujhz7l.jpg

J

John Huggins

Looking good there Ken, look forward to the rest of the build, must nudge Cindy to finish her's.

John

J

John Huggins

Hi Ken, it might just be me or are those headlight's upside down ???. Just a thought.

John. 

D

Deleted member 3568

I thought that but it's the only way round they fit right.

J

John Huggins

On reflection Ken you right, after looking at the box art they are right, it's just the last photo they look wrong.

My bad lol

John 

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Cool beans! B|

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks good Ken. Hope your wife is getting on ok.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well not sure this will get finished, I can't find anywhere else to get the decals, I paid 8 quid for them then 4.46 postage and he's says he can do nothing as I didn't select the tracking option which was over 8 quid so as far as I can see that's 12 quid down the drain, anyone else know where I can get 1/24 decals for it from.

D

Deleted member 5496

Very nice paint work there Ken. Obviously your thumb has made a dramatic recovery ! ie it has not dropped off as predicted by some. 9_9

Laurie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
nothing as I didn't select the tracking option which was over 8 quid so as far as I can see that's 12 quid down the drain,

Did you buy them om e-bay... paid with pay pal?.... remember the buyer protection they offer.