The Mud Effect 2016 G.B.***Shaky Jake's Bait Shop***

M

-Matt-

I thought the first picture was a photo of what you were going to be recreating haha!

Stunning detail and the water looks fantastic :smiling3:

-Matt-

S

Stevekir

This is a first class gem. It is the most realistic dio I have seen for a very long time. Totally believable. I can imaging dipping my finger in the mud. Quality work.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
What a way to start the Bank Hol's. Thank you all ever so much for the excellent, humorous and rather embarrassing posts......

It really gives me a great buzz to read such nice things about my model.

Thanks again,

Ron

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Just as well you put your hand on that last photo Ron. I was beginning to suspect that these were photos of a full scale, real life location :smiling3: Nailed it.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Wow, thanks Joe.....

A most excellent post and thank you for the great comments there in.

Happy Easter.

Ron

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I can smell the "briny flats".......Excellent Ron;)............Jim:smiling3:

A

american

Amazing!:eek: You are the best example to follow! Thank you for sharing with us!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Jim, Catalin and Barry.

Thank you for taking the time to post your excellent comments on Shaky Jake's place.

Cheers,

Ron

First Name
Adrian
I really hope your going to bringing this to Cosford and enter it into the competition, it will win the class and I reckon be best in show by a mile.

Adrian

First Name
Stuart
\ said:
"Jeez Jake, we need some bait, open up or we'll miss the tide!"
I wanted a run down, but well frequentated sort of place somewhere on the tidal Mississippi River where fishermen went for bait and supplies. From a sometimes too fertile imagination and all scratch built from household and garden stuff, I've ended up with Jakes Bait Shop. The figures are modified Luftwaffe Personnel. The boat I designed and made from card.

I dedicate this to my old '60's drinking buddy 'Shaky' Jake. He earned his nickname because without a drink and strange smelling fags, he couldn't stop shaking! He didn't live long, but lived life at top speed whilst on this planet of ours....This is for you Jake - wherever you are.

I hope you like this offering folks......

View attachment 151690 View attachment 151691 View attachment 151692 View attachment 151694 View attachment 151695 View attachment 151696 View attachment 151697 View attachment 151698 View attachment 151699 View attachment 151700 View attachment 151701 View attachment 151702 View attachment 151703 View attachment 151704 View attachment 151705 View attachment 151706 View attachment 151707 View attachment 151708

Cheers and thanks for looking,

Ron
Wow stunning work,I had to scroll through the pics a few times because it looks so life like.

Amazing detail I really like this build a lot .

J

just dave

That is an amazing piece of work, I actually thought the first image was a real scene you were going to try and replicate! I logged in to share some pics of my latest offering but now I'm feeling a little inferior..

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
jaw-drop-o.gif

Jaw dropping Ron

Lee :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for your great comments boys.

I would like to think my old mate 'Shaky' Jake will be looking down thinking "At last the looser has got something almost right!"

just dave - "A little inferior"...? No chance. Keep in mind we are all in this model making melting pot as equals, irrespective of any perceived 'inferior' notion. There is always someone better or not as good as us at something - That's life, but inferior - no way! Just enjoy your model making and have fun.

Thanks again all,

Ron

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Great piece of work Ron, I love dioramas like this you can spend hours taking in all the details.

J

John Rixon

What more can I add to the long list of totally deserved accolades? Breathtaking work, can't wait to see what you come up with next!