The red ball COMPLETED pics

N

noble

:smile11:Hi folks this is my completed diorama for Aprils GB, it is a scene from france 1944 the red ball highway, where convoys of trucks filled with supplies ammunition and fuel are rushed to the front to assist the allies in there lightning advace across europe. The 2 1/2 ton 6x6 is from tamiya the jeep and trailer is italeri the civilian figures are prieser and the mp figures are mini art. The sign and the boys fly rod as well as the fish in the river are all scratch built, i hope you like them and as usual all comments are most wellcome be they good or bad.

scott

View attachment 33437

View attachment 33438

View attachment 33439

View attachment 33440

View attachment 33441

View attachment 33442

View attachment 33443

View attachment 33444

View attachment 33445

View attachment 33446

View attachment 33447

View attachment 33448

View attachment 33449

View attachment 33450

View attachment 33451

View attachment 33452

View attachment 33453

View attachment 33454

View attachment 33455

View attachment 33456

View attachment 33457

View attachment 33458

View attachment 33459

The red ball 4.jpg

The red ball 9.jpg

The red ball 6.jpg

The red ball 17.jpg

The red ball 12.jpg

The red ball 23.jpg

The red ball 21.jpg

The red ball 7.jpg

The red ball 19.jpg

The red ball 11.jpg

The red ball 13.jpg

The red ball 5.jpg

The red ball 18.jpg

The red ball 2.jpg

The red ball 10.jpg

The red ball 22.jpg

The red ball 20.jpg

The red ball 15.jpg

The red ball 3.jpg

The red ball 16.jpg

The red ball 8.jpg

The red ball 1.jpg

The red ball 14.jpg

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Excellent Scott! That is a very nice Diorama you have made there! The water looks great. Is that ice breaking up in the flow? Looks just right anyway.

A truck with cargo. Well you could not get much more in the truck if you tried. Good job on the figures to.

Nice one Scott!

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Wow Scott what a brilliant composition.

A mighty fine job. loads to see and great pictures (Number 16 is class)

One thing you might like to consider mate....A bit of s aich one tee on the bridge boards and walk way.

Even as it is it is a superb build, very well done. Big 5....

Cheers,

Ron

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
A bit of s aich one tee on the bridge boards and walk way.

????

Me no understand?

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi scott matey, what a brilliant scene. everything comes together to make a totally awesome dio! Its full of great little touches like the boy fishing, and the weathering on the vehicles is absolutely superb.This must have taken ages but it was well worth it, 5 stars from me bud, cheers tony

C

CDW

Stunning dio Scott

If thats the competition ..... you have no competition from me !!! :smiling3:

B

Boldman

Where to start? Pretty bloody awesome! Some excellent details as before when you first showed us the bridge, excellent weathering and overall very interesting composition!

N

noble

Ron mate the tree was an oversite by the british corps of engineers who build the bridge will be duley sorted, CDW it's no competition mate just for fun come and have a go you'll love it. Thanks to all who viewed and left the excellent comments cheers big time.

scott

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Brilliant,it all is but your water/ice is incredible.

Ian,type ess,aitch,one,tee and see what you get!

Cheers

Steve

P

PROCO1970

:clap_1:Trully Amazing! It musy have taken a life time and a ingredible amount of patience. Well Done!

M

m1ks

That comment had me confused till reading your explanation Steve.

Though i'm in no position to be critical of this thats the only thing I could suggest myself, a bit of mud / muck on the tyres and vehicles.

To be frank I think is a remarkable piece of work and a testament to your patience and building skills, I particularly love the water effect with the ice, what did you use for that and how did you do it?

N

noble

\ said:
That comment had me confused till reading your explanation Steve.Though i'm in no position to be critical of this thats the only thing I could suggest myself, a bit of mud / muck on the tyres and vehicles.

To be frank I think is a remarkable piece of work and a testament to your patience and building skills, I particularly love the water effect with the ice, what did you use for that and how did you do it?
Hi dude for the water effect i used countryside water it is clear resin in a bottle and all you do is pour it on then just before it is set you pour on another layer then let the whole thing set.

scott

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Brilliant,it all is but your water/ice is incredible.Ian,type ess,aitch,one,tee and see what you get!

Cheers

Steve
Oh! I get it.:wow: It looks more like a tree to me.

lol

Ian M

P

phalinmegob

once again, another outstanding piece of work, well done scott. is this water stuff made by javis,the reason i ask is that i have just used some on a model i am playing with and it has been a massive failure,it was supposed to be a corner of a pond with a small wooden jetty but all the water has lifted up from the base. not happy,maybe i used too much or the warm weather has curled it up.

N

noble

\ said:
once again, another outstanding piece of work, well done scott. is this water stuff made by javis,the reason i ask is that i have just used some on a model i am playing with and it has been a massive failure,it was supposed to be a corner of a pond with a small wooden jetty but all the water has lifted up from the base. not happy,maybe i used too much or the warm weather has curled it up.
Andrew have you added ground work material to your pond or have you poured it straight onto the base board? it is countryside scenic water not sure of the maker, i bought it in the kit stop in birkenhead i must admit i swear by the stuff, whatever you do don't shake it before pouring and ensure your groundwork is dry before pouring, could you post a pic of the bottle although i have a feeling it is the same stuff.

scott

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That's a cracker Scott. Another ***** from me.

Gern

N

noble

\ said:
there was nothing on the base board except paint,just seems to be lifting upView attachment 27673View attachment 27674View attachment 27675View attachment 27672

sorry about the crap picture quality,only have a mobile phone.think it is most noticible in the last picture
Hi Andrew yeah same stuff i use how thick are you pouring it ? you should only be making a pour of about 3/4 mm deep for first pour , let it go off for 2 days then when it has finally gone off make another pour of 3/4mm deep you will get some shrinkage but that can be fixed by adding more when dry to fill the cracks.

scott