The Road to Berlin,,

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well call this one all done, ;)

been a very long project this one,for some reason lost interest or sidetracked in it,

as one dose,:confused::rolleyes:

but all done,I,m happy how it turned out,

its a 1.35 SU122,

and the stories is that with the Russian pushing towards Germany ,all unites are called to

head towards the Rhineland,and this one has stop to refuel,and take on supply's ;)

well I do hope you like it, :smiling3:

any comments most welcome,:rolleyes:

20151204_115212.jpg

20151204_115226.jpg

20151204_115234.jpg

20151204_115243.jpg

20151204_115345.jpg

20151204_115354.jpg

20151204_115403.jpg

20151204_115412.jpg

A

american

I like the dio! Great build! One advice about snow if you don't mind! The snow on the crew shoulders can't be there unless is showing badly ! Try to use a lot of snow on their feet and try to wipe out the snow from the engine's fan. It supose to be warmer then any other side of the tank and fill up with snow the trucks, the wheels. I believe you will be happy with the final result!;)

A

american

\ said:
I like the dio! Great build! One advice about snow if you don't mind! The snow on the crew shoulders can't be there unless is showing badly ! Try to use a lot of snow on their feet and try to wipe out the snow from the engine's fan. It supose to be warmer then any other side of the tank and fill up with snow the trucks, the wheels. I believe you will be happy with the final result!;)
Example , if you don't mind( I have done some winter dio by now)

IMG_2014011122783.jpg

IMG_2014011152155.jpg

IMG_2014011139893.jpg

IMG_201309283312.jpg

IMG_201304015791.jpg

N

noble

Like the diorama Monica, that's a nice SU122 if iam not mistaken, up to your usual professional standard I see.

scott

D

demon

I like the snow a lot don't know what you used but it's good I think a lot of people don't realise how cold it got in winter of 44 engines froze solid in minutes if not kept running PS no animals it needs your trade mark maybe a rat or something

Roger

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
ta for the comments,I do understand what your getting at, ;)

will do on my next show one,add more to tracks, :smiling3:

as yes it could use some more,show on the tracks as I ,have it with more dirt,mud,showing ,trying to show its ,fresh show,and the tank still hits the earth under it,:confused:

as by the sides and some front and back,

do like the look of your ones with the more show cover, ;)

the other thing is there in no rush to go any where,and in stead of refueling and loading supply's,there just standing about in the snow falling,chatting and

having a smoke, :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Like the diorama Monica, that's a nice SU122 if iam not mistaken, up to your usual professional standard I see.
scott
ta Scott very much appreciated,and so glad you like it,so, :D

\ said:
I like the snow a lot don't know what you used but it's good I think a lot of people don't realise how cold it got in winter of 44 engines froze solid in minutes if not kept running PS no animals it needs your trade mark maybe a rat or something
Roger
yes I know its missing them ,as I,m all out and need to get more will be seeing Nic to get a couple of other things I,need as well,need paint and

cannot remember what I,need oh booo,:rolleyes:

so glad that your liking it, :D

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Good work Monica, that's a cold-looking scene. Nice detail too, the guy leaning on the barrel looks frozen. Where's the cat? I can't see one...

D

Deleted member 4539

Lovely work Monica.

It gives a great sense of the cold.

Top notch:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looks chuffing cold Moni...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Nice work, like it.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Good work Monica, that's a cold-looking scene. Nice detail too, the guy leaning on the barrel looks frozen. Where's the cat? I can't see one...
ta Joe,very much appreciated,comments, ;)

I know I ran out of them, :confused:

will add one in and post new pic,:rolleyes:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Lovely work Monica.
It gives a great sense of the cold.

Top notch:smiling3:
much appreciated Ralph,so glad you like it, :D

\ said:
Looks chuffing cold Moni...brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Nice work, like it.
ta Si,so glad you do like it,well we have had a few days so the cold would be nice,lol, ;)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Superbly done Monica...... Really well detailed and weathered...... And for someone who lives in a part of the world that never sees snow... You got that absolutely Spot On:D:D:D

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Very nice Monica, great dio. Not sure about the clumps of snow on the crew though, snow doesn't tend to settle like that on humans, I mean it certainly doesn't clump.

Let's put it this way if all the crew had no snow on them it wouldn't look weird in my eyes.

Quality none the less

Phil

S

steve scan

Great stuff as usual Monica, the snow looks great and a nice build, actually looks cold.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very appreciated Jim so glad you like it, ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Very nice Monica, great dio. Not sure about the clumps of snow on the crew though, snow doesn't tend to settle like that on humans, I mean it certainly doesn't clump.
Let's put it this way if all the crew had no snow on them it wouldn't look weird in my eyes.

Quality none the less

Phil
oh lol,so glad that you like it all,

and yes I,know ,I did forget to blow some off lol,:oops::rolleyes:

just keen to get it finished and away after so long on,it,there human showmen, :D

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Steve,did that on a 31c day need to be cooled,off lol,o_O

so glad that you do like it all,cheers,Moni, ;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Superbly done Monica...... Really well detailed and weathered...... And for someone who lives in a part of the world that never sees snow... You got that absolutely Spot On:D:D:D
cool ta Peter,makes me happy to read that all and so very appreciated,cheers,Moni, ;) :D