....... (The Secret Weapon)

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
My "MkII Colonial Viper" has arrived .......... :smiling3:

I've been researching this and everyone seems to build them in the white/red livery, either pristine or weathered and battered around. Now, good that they are (and there are some damn good examples)...... I've decided, that after a great deal of "Soul Searching" that something had to be different ...... so I hacked into the MOD computers (if GCHQ or the NSA are watching, I'm joking ok!!!)..... It would seem that Tony Blair, managed to get hold of one of these ......

Up until now it's been classified ....... But, I can present to you. My next Project.

Gulf War Viper ....... (The Secret Weapon)

I will keep you updated on progress..........

Peter

View attachment 97665

viper.jpg

D

dubster72

Go for it Peter! It's good seeing something done differently, as long as there's not a picture of ' Cheesy Grin ' Blair on the side of it! :P

J

John Huggins

\ said:
I like it nice idea. And John a nicely done viper.scott
Hi Scott it's not mine I came across it on another sit & thought you might like it.

Sorry if I gave the impression I made it.

John

Last edited:
N

noble

\ said:
Hi Scott it not mine I came across it on another sit & thought you might like it.Sorry if I gave the impression I made it.

John
No problem mate, still looks cool though.

scott

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
do like the idea of this one, ;)

will be watching,

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Well, I've made a start ............ I've spent a while going through the "destructions". They don't amount to much as there are that many parts to the kit..............The mouldings look fairly good. But there is a bit of "flash to clean up on some parts...... and I've noticed a couple of "sink marks" on a panel or two Nothing major and they can be dealt with.

I've decided to start on the cockpit, so I cleaned up the components and dry fitted them. They are a bit Spartan in detail so I'll have to give a bit of thought to adding some. Also tried the dry-fit assembly into one fuselage half and I think I'm going to end up with some gaps. Which is a bit of a pain as I'm not going to have much room for rubbing down after. Maybe when both halves go together and it clamps up the gaps might not amount to much.........

View attachment 97686

View attachment 97687

View attachment 97688

View attachment 97689

View attachment 97690

View attachment 97691

View attachment 97692

View attachment 97693

View attachment 97694

View attachment 97695

View attachment 97696

View attachment 97697

View attachment 97698

View attachment 97699

View attachment 97700

DSCN0891.JPG

DSCN0892.JPG

DSCN0893.JPG

DSCN0894.JPG

DSCN0895.JPG

DSCN0896.JPG

DSCN0897.JPG

DSCN0898.JPG

DSCN0899.JPG

DSCN0901.JPG

DSCN0902.JPG

DSCN0903.JPG

DSCN0904.JPG

DSCN0905.JPG

DSCN0906.JPG

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
.I forgot ............. I have these "Bad Boys" for under the wings ............ I still need to get a couple of sidewinders for the wing tips and a "Laser Designator" or "ECM Pod" on the centreline.

View attachment 97704

GBU-24.jpg

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
we have to start some were Peter,so any starts a good start lol, ;)

like me i sit and look and look,and then think oh start later and this happens for a wk or more,:rolleyes:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
can see this is going to be a great build,like the sounds of the added detail, ;)

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I will try my best Monica........ One of the great things with building something as a "one off" is all the artistic licence it gives me ......... let's the imagination flow like I'm a kid again.

Peter

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
yes so true you are Peter,and that is the great thing about it all no limits or it has to look like this, ;)

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
The main cockpit assembly is together, or at least as much as isn't cause a problem with detailing it .............. and I just found and ordered.

1 AGM-130 Air to Surface Missile (That is a really "Bad Boy" ) and AQX-14 Datalink Pod ............... So that's the Ordnance sorted................. I just hope there's going to be room for it all. o_O

Peter

View attachment 97792

View attachment 97793

AGM-130.png

agm130&axq14DATA POD.jpg

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
I'm getting more and more intrigued with this one Peter
So am I .............. and I'm supposed to be the one in control of it ...........:rolleyes:

Peter

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
I now have the Cockpit Assembly and the inner fuselage in Primer ........... So tomorrow I can start painting, and decals.

The Eduard Brassard "GUU-24" Bombs turned up today............. and they are Monsters. I've never used this stuff before and I'm proper impressed with the quality....... So I have a question ????? What is the best Adhesive to use for Resin ???? I thought maybe two part epoxy ??? or is there something better ???

Peter

View attachment 97885

View attachment 97886

DSCN0907.JPG

DSCN0908.JPG