The Smythemeister's OT-26

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well.....
IMG20230428153248.jpg
... the bench completely cleared until the start of Karl's Pacific GB on Monday..... ....Yeah,right,that's DAYS away !!....
Who was I kidding.....
IMG20230428154426.jpg
This little chap popped out of the stash :smiling3:
I figure that as the next 6 months builds will be at least 4 planes,a side show of the odd land based weirdo might be in order,alongside ;)
... and besides... you just CAN'T have all these resources and not do ANYTHING with them for an entire weekend eh ?! ;)
I'll pop up the obligatory sprue pics shortly,as always, anyone who'd like to tag along/hurl abuse is more than welcome :smiling3:
Cheers for now,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Count me in Andy. A brand I've not heard of and a cute looking wee beastie.
Good to see you Jim. :smiling3:
I did a "Mirage" twin turret Vickers light tank just over a year ago,and despite being a bit flakey, detail wise,it turned out kinda ok. :smiling3:
At the time there was a chap,on the bay that is evil,who was flogging off lots them... I hoovered up 5 at the time for a very good price ;)
They're all tiny Tankettes really,of various applications... but I kinda like them :smiling3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
You should have put a warning before that first picture. Such a vast expanse of tidy bench was too much for me to handle :smiling5:
Me too Andy! He has to do that so Cohan, his model builder, has room to work building the kits for him...

A 'cute' little kit Mr. Smiff and looks like fun. I'll be watching this. Didn't Tony (yakface) build this, or something similar with the flamethrower in it???...

Prost
Allen

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
You should have put a warning before that first picture. Such a vast expanse of tidy bench was too much for me to handle :smiling5:
.... HA, sorry about that Andy....
.... don't worry mind, it'll take be a clogged up, horrendous mess in no time !! ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Me too Andy! He has to do that so Cohan, his model builder, has room to work building the kits for him...

A 'cute' little kit Mr. Smiff and looks like fun. I'll be watching this. Didn't Tony (yakface) build this, or something similar with the flamethrower in it???...

Prost
Allen
Welcome also Allen :smiling3:
I'm not sure if Tony did,but if so,then this'll be the same thing.... this is the flame thrower one also!! ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well here are the sprue pics....
IMG20230428162548.jpg
IMG20230428162856.jpg
..... Not many bits....
.... Not much detail....
...that page of instructions?!... Yep, that's it... Just the one!! :smiling3:
... I'd call them "rubber band"tracks,but they're more like "solid band" tracks!!....
... As for Decals.. what are they?!! ;)
... As I said....
..... "This should be fun"!! .....

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Seem to from Poland http://mirage-hobby.pl/MirageHobby-ModelSet
Some nice new kits .
This kit is quite early , first came out in 1995. These were like you say
.. Not many bits....
.... Not much detail....
... I'd call them "rubber band"tracks,but they're more like "solid band" tracks!!....
... As I said....
It will be , seat please .

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Andy,
Now there’s something you don’t see often , Interested to see how you get on with this :smiling4:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Seem to from Poland http://mirage-hobby.pl/MirageHobby-ModelSet
Some nice new kits .
This kit is quite early , first came out in 1995. These were like you say
.. Not many bits....
.... Not much detail....
... As I said....
It will be , seat please .
Blimey John,I read that and thought,"only 1995,not THAT old then", then thought again and realised that's nearly 30 years ago!!....blimey I'm getting old!!
Welcome along by the way,you can sit next to Cohan.... he's sitting this one out and saving himself for the Pacific GB ;)
Morning Andy,
Now there’s something you don’t see often , Interested to see how you get on with this :smiling4:
Hello Si, despite the lack of detail on the running gear I think the rest is decent enough to build up quite nicely.....and then get covered in mud!! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ive got a Mirage hobby Grant tank in my stash.I nabbed the early suspension for a Sherman build.Its got a little bit of photo etch and white metal turret smoke launchers.
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andy .
Further checks show that was one made in Russia. Think now it's in Poland.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Soviet tanks early in the war often didn’t have any markings at all, so that makes them handy subjects for manufacturers because they can save on the expense of the decals :smiling3:
Cheers Jakko,I do wonder,as the Ruskies didn't have radios in their tanks,and with no markings either... How many did they lose to their own?! ;)
Ive got a Mirage hobby Grant tank in my stash.I nabbed the early suspension for a Sherman build.Its got a little bit of photo etch and white metal turret smoke launchers.
Richard
They're not THAT bad kits really are they Richard.... as long as you are prepared to put some effort in mind :smiling3:
I know, I nearly fell out my chair and spilt me tea - such pictures should carry a health warning....:upside:
Oooops, sorry about that Mike...
.... I will put a warning up next time I promise
.... Although I'm not sure it'll EVER look that sorted again !! ;)
Andy .
Further checks show that was one made in Russia. Think now it's in Poland.
Cheers John,good info there. :smiling3:
..... I've only had dealings with their older kits,(even the MG Bunker that I did last year), I'd be interested to see how their more recent stuff compares. ;)