The USS Kumwalt , Americas newest warship

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
so since the Number One isnt called Spock (you just know thats going to be his nickname!) i would hate to be some lowly ensign called Khan :P

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I'd have a go at a scratch build but I'd only need five bits of balsa and a marker pen ..... Not much of a challenge eh? :smiling3:
ROFL...sooooooooooooooooooo true.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I'd have a go at a scratch build but I'd only need five bits of balsa and a marker pen ..... Not much of a challenge eh? :smiling3:
Now that sort of scratch build I could do lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I can see a challenge coming on here...30 mins to build a model of this...thing...out of whatever...you can't use turds as they have already used them.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
quick google shows someone has already done it lol

http://www.modelshipgallery.com/gallery/dd/ddg-1000/350-ss/ss-index.html

must be me......i think it looks a cool ship :P

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
It does look rather good from that model, but it seems to be asking for trouble with all that lump of structure just waiting for a missile strike to set the whole lot up in flames...

Last edited by a moderator:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Is it just me or does it look like they asked a bunch of five year olds to draw a ship and that was the best one lol

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
It does look rather good from that model, but it seems to be asking for trouble with all that lump of structure just waiting for a missile strike to set the whole in flames...Si:smiling3:
I think the fraise low silhouette wasn't mentioned to the designers

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I think the fraise low silhouette wasn't mentioned to the designers
Radar may not detect it but anybody with eyes can see the lump in the middle from miles away!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
They may as well of put a fifty foot bright red flashing arrow above it with the words here we are written above it

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
They may as well of put a fifty foot bright red flashing arrow above it with the words here we are written above it
I think we are doing the ship a disservice, after all the designers must have done studies on what is the best way forward...so when they take it to war...which will be soon no doubt...we shall see how it does in cowpat...sorry combat. Problem is this type vessel is designed for stealth approach and ship to shore attack, not really ship to ship, or ship to low level missile or aircraft attack, that would be interesting to see how it performs.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I think we are doing the ship a disservice, after all the designers must have done studies on what is the best way forward...so when they take it to war...which will be soon no doubt...we shall see how it does in cowpat...sorry combat. Problem is this type vessel is designed for stealth approach and ship to shore attack, not really ship to ship, or ship to low level missile or aircraft attack, that would be interesting to see how it performs.Si:smiling3:
Think this myself , as soon as it fired anything it gives its position away so as a warship I doubt it would be any better than anything else at sea

Could you imagine two fleets of stealth warships looking for each other in the Atlantic or Indian Oceans it could make one of the most boring war films ever made lol

C

CDW

It'll do very well and avoid all radar etc, it'll slice through the seas onto its next encounter and be undetectable by all accounts until ...........

........ A little enemy aeroplane flies over head and reports back to base .....

'' you're not going to believe this, but there's a right daft looking heap of pooh heading your way ..... Here's its position ..... Lay it on thick so ya hit it'' :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
It's Fugly. It looks like it has already capsized, maybe that is a decoy for submarines. They should paint the numbers upside down too. Or maybe they have....