The Western Front 1914-1918

• Thread starter Deleted member 5819
  • Start date
First Name
Alex
This is really good, I can almost smell the dirt. Must have taken you a few months to do this one, I like the clutter too, gives it a real sense of organised chaos

First Name
Alex
Hope you don't mind but I was inspired to do a bit of photo editing to see how realistic I could make your diorama look as if it was taken with a camera in the great war.

western_front_qos1mg.jpg

western_front_2_dgexnt.jpg

D

Deleted member 5819

This is really good, I can almost smell the dirt. Must have taken you a few months to do this one, I like the clutter too, gives it a real sense of organised chaos

Hi Alex The Western Front dio, the mud and twigs, which became trees are real and come from Passchendaele in Belgium. Which I was very lucky and honour to visit the Western Front battlefields 3 years ago tracing my granddads war,very interesting .I did ask if I could take the mud/twigs . Like the top pic out of the two and thanks ;)

D

Doug Hughes

There's so much that's great about this Peter. Just to name one - the faces of the soldiers are superbly done. Well done!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
What can I say Peter, excellent rendition of a German WWI trench. Superb layout and detail, something new every time you look.

Only thing I could think off to add is some two part clear epoxy or water effects to create some pools of standing water.

D

Deleted member 5819

What can I say Peter, excellent rendition of a German WWI trench. Superb layout and detail, something new every time you look.

Only thing I could think off to add is some two part clear epoxy or water effects to create some pools of standing water.
Hi glad you like it, thank you very much :smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:
P

Polux

Wow!! Nice one!!
I love the general form, looks fine and give an interesting look at the entire set.
Good work on the mud and the others effects ;)

D

Deleted member 5819

Wow!! Nice one!!
I love the general form, looks fine and give an interesting look at the entire set.
Good work on the mud and the others effects ;)

Cheers, nice to hear :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
fantastic work,peter,,real good detail,a,d the mud,dirt,layed about bits and bobs,
some think to keep the eyes looking to see what else is their,so very well done,;)

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Very nice work, trench system looks great as do figures....Good Job!;).........Jim:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 5819

fantastic work,peter,,real good detail,a,d the mud,dirt,layed about bits and bobs,
some think to keep the eyes looking to see what else is their,so very well done,;)

Hi monica much appreciated ;)