This one's for you Dad. Academy F6F-5 Hellcat 1:72

Thorbrand

First Name
Alex
Hi everyone

I've just completed this kit and decided as it's for my dad I would push the boat out and make a proper display stand for it.

My dad was the person who first introduced me to model making when I was a little nipper, so I asked him a few weeks back what his favourite aircraft was from WW2, and he said it was the Hellcat.

Wasn't a bad kit to build in the end, a bit different in quality to other brands but i'm quite happy with the end result.

For those who are intersted, the stand is made from a vinyl tile sample I bought from B and Q for £3, some old plastic pipe which I found on the building site where I work, an aluminium rod, and some random bit of plastic I found in which I loaded full of blue tack so it fits on to the top of the metal rod. It is secured underneath by no more nails.

The sign was bought from ebay, £2.65 including delivery ! bargain! will be getting some more of these made up in future.

First Name
Joe
Lovely work Alex. I like the display for it too, nice touch. Your Dad will be happy with his Hellcat :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
First Name
Si.
Looks superb Alex and I am sure your Dad will be very proud to have it...I would.

dave

SMF Poster
First Name
Dave
Nice build.

I keep thinking I ought to make labels for mine rather than relying on memory.

colin m

SMF Poster
First Name
Colin
Nice one. The second one I've seen flying today (model that is)