Thread Closed WW11 Soviet Ace Arseny Vorojeiken & his Yak-7b Fighter Plane 1/48 scale

D

dubster72

John, ' a while ' for you is about 48 hours! :P

I like these little-known kits that you build :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
its like it will be a fun build John,:rolleyes:

as in danger disaster, as in drilling hole or snipping of the wee wing lights,?

looks like the carpet monster will get a feed lol, ;)

P

phikoleoputra

i guess it's gonna take John less than a week to complete this plus a diorama with it. :P

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
i guess it's gonna take John less than a week to complete this plus a diorama with it. :P
Maybe a couple of days Leo :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice ! Ive done this one John , but mine was in an ICM boxing. I believe its also been seen in an Alanger box and possibly issued by Signum too. Whose moulding it is originally ive no idea but I do know it makes a lovely model. Great detail , basic engine if you want to show it and the version I got had a sprue with soviet pilots and ground crew/ equipment too!As for drilling for the aerial just put a couple of layers of masking tape over the clear parts just in case the drill slips , speaking of which dont forget the rearmost clear section needs to be painted over , on the actual aircraft this section of perspex was replaced by plywood and painted along with the rest of the airframe. Cheers tony

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Cheers Tony I was wondering about the cavern of space behind the pilots seat. So thanks for the heads up sounds like the ICM kit was nice but I'm afraid this one as no figures pilots or equipment in fact I spent some part of the afternoon as Dr Frankenstein butchering and carving a figure to suit the cockpit cheers John View attachment 90322

image.jpg

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Yes john the Yak 7 was originally a 2 seat trainer with the suffix UTI or later on V. The aircraft was found to be better than the Yak 1 it was supposed to be training the pilots for so it was ordered into production as a single seat fighter , the only modifications to the aircraft being the removal of the rear cockpit internals and the addition of a fuel tank in their place (later removed as it was deemed a bit risky ,being unarmoured !!). The canopy was left alone , just the very rear section being replaced with plywood . If you look at the sprues all the parts for the rear cockpit are there along with some skis for the undercarriage, showing that the boxing of the Yak 7V must have had the same set of sprues. cheers tony

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
Yes john the Yak 7 was originally a 2 seat trainer with the suffix UTI or later on V. The aircraft was found to be better than the Yak 1 it was supposed to be training the pilots for so it was ordered into production as a single seat fighter , the only modifications to the aircraft being the removal of the rear cockpit internals and the addition of a fuel tank in their place (later removed as it was deemed a bit risky ,being unarmoured !!). The canopy was left alone , just the very rear section being replaced with plywood . If you look at the sprues all the parts for the rear cockpit are there along with some skis for the undercarriage, showing that the boxing of the Yak 7V must have had the same set of sprues. cheers tony
Yeah Tony the extra parts are there skis etc but I'm now unsure how to blank the rear of the cockpit off should I just blank it off with plastic card or spray the canopy over in the section your help would be much appreciated do you have a build thread somewhere for the one you did cheers John

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
All I did was leave the rear cockpit empty and just didnt mask off the clear part on the rear section so it got painted at the same time as the fuselage. I didnt do a build thread but heres a couple of pics of mine, cheers tony

View attachment 90334

View attachment 90335

P1040182 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

P1040183 [Desktop Resolution].JPG

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
All I did was leave the rear cockpit empty and just didnt mask off the clear part on the rear section so it got painted at the same time as the fuselage. I didnt do a build thread but heres a couple of pics of mine, cheers tony
Very nice Tony great looking paint job thanks for you help n advice I'll soldier on cheers John :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
If you need any help with the paint colours give a shout

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
If you need any help with the paint colours give a shout
Cheers Tony I was about to use model air 71.051 barley grey and ghost grey primer as I have no ref for. The colours from instructions so if you can help that would be great

S

steve scan

Nothing like a challenge to get the juices flowing and the language flowing lol. your doing great with this one.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Cheers Tony I was about to use model air 71.051 barley grey and ghost grey primer as I have no ref for. The colours from instructions so if you can help that would be great
I cant get in the shed till tomorrow John , so I'll get you the colours then , theyre Tamiya acrylic , cheers tony