Tiger vs. T-34 Diorama

B

Bojo

Okay, so some of you may remember the 1/72 t-34 that I built. Well I finished it up and it looked pretty good. I then got a Tiger I early this month and after finding [This] picture decided to start a Diorama. Here's where I am at the moment. I decided to start destroying the t-34 today; It's amazing the damage one can do with a drill, pliers, and a lighter.

I still need to paint some black on there and do the smoke damage stuff, but I'm not sure what to do about the hollow inside. I was thinking of maybe putting in and engine looking thing, or pieces of mangled up wire and small pipe. But then thought about modeling some smoke, Which would be very fun to do. Anyone have ideas on what to do? Or how I would model smoke? Some Ideas I had are using cotton, which I thought might look bad, then there is also [This] which I though would be very good, and then the idea came to me to just use a smoke generator, like they use with scale trains.

Anyway, I'm just bouncing ideas around and looking for some feedback. Which do you think would look and be best?

View attachment 21885

View attachment 21886

View attachment 21887

View attachment 21888

View attachment 21889

PICT0188..jpg

PICT0187..jpg

PICT0186..jpg

PICT0185..jpg

PICT0184..jpg

Last edited:
N

noble

Bojo mate this looks amazing i love the battle damage on the T34 can't wait to see this in a diorama i love it and you know what iam goin to give five stars for that, nice one keep up the good work.

scott

B

Bojo

Thanks mate, It's been a real blast, no pun intended, making it look all mangeld and bent out of shape. I can't wait to get started on the base soon

-Mike

B

Bojo

Had the weekend off so I worked on the tanks today. I finished up the damage to the t-34 by painting the inside black and then using burning sprue to make the scorch marks (do this outside of course, and for added protection wear a mask that protects against fumes) Finished the Tiger I as well. I was happy with the result, and I think the weathering looks particularly good on the back. I had some problems with the tracks when I was trying to simulate weight on them.

I also bought some stuff for the base, styrofoam, clay, and balsa wood (Going to try and make a crumbling building) and will begin building it shortly

Last edited:
F

Fenlander

OUCH.... that T34 is going to need some work to get it back in service lol. Looking great Bojo

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looking good Bojo, that is one fried T-34.

One thing I noticed which I was guilty of once, is the tracks on the Tiger, they are far too tight. They should rest on the tops of the road wheels.

I see you put you have had trouble with this ( don't we all!) but the solution is easy:- stick them down with superglue. Make sure the wheel tops are cleared of paint then dab the wheel tops and secure the track, I used little wedges between the track and tank hull to hold them in position.

This is in no way a criticism of a fine and unique slant on the armour theme, just a helping hand!

Ron

B

Bojo

Thanks guys. Don't worry about critiquing my work. I'm very open to constructive criticism, and if there is anyway you think I can improve, than by all means let me know :smiling3:

B

Bojo

Here's where I'm at right now. Going to get some German soldiers for it soon. Yay money :D

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Now i do like that Bojo, at first the tracks on the Tiger looked tight as Ron said but, now it's on the dio it looks like it's on the move.

Great work bud, John

F

Fenlander

Coming on very nice. Love the snow effect especially on that poor old knocked out T34. Looks good.

B

Bojo

thanks mate. Can't wait to finish it up. Too bad no one in the T-34 survived, could have been an interesting dio, with German soldiers taking the Russians captive. Oh well, when you hit the engine and ammo blows up there's not much that can be done eh?