Tim’s 1/48 Eduard LFG Roland CII. (papa 695s biplane GB)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Very blimmin' nice indeed Tim :thumb2:,
Love the colour scheme,the rigging looks fantastic mate:cool:,how on earth did you manage to get it all that neat?!!:flushed:
Thanks Andy. Rigging just took a bit of thinking and preparation. I use ezeline because the elasticity keeps it taught and the flexibility makes it much less prone to damage during handling.
  • Drill right through the wing at the connection points, and into the body for fuselage mounted ones 0.5mm.
  • Prep, clean, paint, decal, and varnish the model.
  • Clear the rigging holes and add oversized ezeline fine threads to the top wing.
  • Glue them on the top side with CA. Fill the holes with plenty of CA and allow it to go hard.
  • Slice off the excess flush using a sharp scalpel.
  • Touch in the paint and touch up the varnish.
  • Fit the top wing.
  • Thread the rigging wires through the bottom wing and glue them from underneath.
  • Repeat the slicing off and refinishing for underneath.
Job done :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That colour scheme reminds me of something...
Oh yes. The Incredible Hulk and Lex Luthor's battlesuit!

Wonderfully garish!
Cheers Chris. As I understand it, the purple was used instead of the original brown so they didn’t get shot at by their own side……

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Very nicely done Tim.

As Andy says, really clean & crisp, and I love the colours!
Cheers Andy. Not up to your painting standard, but it’ll do me ;) Colours do make a change from the muted greys and greens of the average WW2 bird don’t they.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Top job tim , rigging looks great and I love the colourful scheme , although I think I need to go and lie down in a darkened room now :cool: :smiling5: :cool: Cheers tony
Cheers Tony. Most central powers warbirds were a bit migraine inducing weren’t they….I’ll probably never use the Tamiya purple again :tongue-out3:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
ice, I really like the colours — makes it stand out in a crowd, for sure :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
ice, I really like the colours — makes it stand out in a crowd, for sure :smiling3:
Cheers Jakko. Funny really, Camo is supposed to make you blend in, but I understand this was to make them stand out….

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It’s almost hunter’s camouflage, except I doubt it will work as well against enemy pilots as that does against deer etc. :smiling3:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Top job Tim. Yes, the Roland has very nice lines. Your painting makes it look even better.

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Very nice indeed Tim, you can be very proud of this model. Not that I am a fan of the colour scheme though ;)