Tim’s 1/48 Eduard Roland CII

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi all. This will be my victim. No box art for this as it has no box ;) . It was acquired secondhand some time ago .

Sprue shots…..
0D9FCEAC-41A6-4644-8334-5D5C17345163.jpeg
602A01C1-466B-4986-96BF-C2CB3552466F.jpeg

Instructions….
019EE28E-620E-417E-B7F6-4AF15A86AE74.jpeg
Now, look closely. The decals I have are not those in the instructions, which is a shame because I really like that scheme :crying:

They appear to come from this iteration of the kit….l
80363725-669E-484B-A0AE-CF96B3EF673B.jpeg
Never mind, that’s the one I will have to do, unless someone knows of aftermarket 1/48 Roland decals. Love the painted curtains on the windows though……
Still got some supplies to source, paints and rigging stuff mainly. Should be starting soon :thumb2:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hi all. This will be my victim. No box art for this as it has no box ;) . It was acquired secondhand some time ago .

Sprue shots…..
View attachment 498765
View attachment 498767

Instructions….
View attachment 498768
Now, look closely. The decals I have are not those in the instructions, which is a shame because I really like that scheme :crying:

They appear to come from this iteration of the kit….l
View attachment 498769
Never mind, that’s the one I will have to do, unless someone knows of aftermarket 1/48 Roland decals. Love the painted curtains on the windows though……
Still got some supplies to source, paints and rigging stuff mainly. Should be starting soon :thumb2:
Revell reboxed this - maybe the decals are from that incarnation?
Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Forgot to say, I’ll be using the Wingnut wings site instructions for their Roland as a supplementary source of detail for the cockpit, especially painting. They are downloadable from the site. After all, if they’ve done the research, I don’t have to, and it’s only to give me an idea of what is going on in there ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Revell reboxed this - maybe the decals are from that incarnation?
Dave
Nope, the decals I have are from the 2002 weekend version I’ve shown the box of above. The instructions seem to come from the later 2012 version….….obviously the vendor mixed them up. Not a big issue, just a little disappointing as it’s not often you get to use purple Camo :crying:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Will follow this with particular interest Tim. I have later ProfiPACK version in the stash.

ATB.

Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Lovely subject Tim , and if im not mistaken - bugger all stringy bits on it too! Cheers tony

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Lovely subject Tim , and if im not mistaken - bugger all stringy bits on it too! Cheers tony
Unfortunately you are mistaken Tony. There are around a dozen bits of spider web to do…..they are just not on the box art :crying:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Will follow this with particular interest Tim. I have later ProfiPACK version in the stash.

ATB.

Andrew
Perhaps you should do it for this GB Andrew? It’s a simple enough aircraft and has easy struts….

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Nice one Tim! Good to see you having a go at it. You really could do the purple scheme and not have to buy new decals for it. Hand paint the 4 and the stripe, as the rest is pretty standard fair for the wing markings and such. The skills you have painting the little and lawn ornament blokes should make it a breeze my friend!

Prost
Allen

Reactions: JR

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Perhaps you should do it for this GB Andrew? It’s a simple enough aircraft and has easy struts….

I have thought about it TBH..... still favouring the Avia but will see.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Another colourful subject. Nice lines on the 'Roland' too.
Yep, I agree there. Always thought it looked quite modern for its time. Very clean lined with the pilot situated above the wing giving him a better than average viewpoint.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Tim
Great subject with a crazy scheme - the curtains are genius!!!
Good luck with the build mate
All the best
P

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Yep, I agree there. Always thought it looked quite modern for its time. Very clean lined with the pilot situated above the wing giving him a better than average viewpoint.
Hi Tim
All the best
P
But you know why they put the windows with the curtains in the Roland...The pilot had a good view all around, but couldn't see the landing gear when approaching the ground to land, which led to many crashes. The windows allowed him to have a better view/feel for where the wheels were in relation to the ground on landing...

Prost
Allen

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Tim
All the best
P
Cheers Paul. Yep, the curtains certainly show a sense of humour in the occupants…..

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
But you know why they put the windows with the curtains in the Roland...The pilot had a good view all around, but couldn't see the landing gear when approaching the ground to land, which led to many crashes. The windows allowed him to have a better view/feel for where the wheels were in relation to the ground on landing...

Prost
Allen
You know far more about this subject than I do, so I’m not arguing. Wouldn’t it have made more sense to put the window in the bottom in that case though?

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim

Prost
Allen
Hey Allen, thanks for the info on the curtains. Can you tell me when they added the pot plants and bird cage though? I like to get the details correct LOL.

52DDAA2A-172D-4E11-97ED-D05FE31E982E.jpeg