Tim’s completed Airfix Austin K2 ambulance, 1/35, (Dave’s Emergency build)

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Cheers Steve. Glad you like her. Recovery starts now….I’m in a hospital ward, fitted with a cannula, waiting for my infusion to arrive……should be out again by about four :surprised:
Blimey.... didn't realise that Tim!
...... Must have looked very crass of me!
All the best for today mate. :smiling3:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Cheers Andrew. Very kind of you. I prefer understated to be honest. Some guys are great at heavy weathering, but when I do that it looks like I’ve slung a bucket of mud at it…..desert vehicles always look gritty, not filthy, to me anyway.

As to the RA, fight back starts today……first infusion on the way as we speak…..
Good.... Hope it starts to take effect soon!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Blimey.... didn't realise that Tim!
...... Must have looked very crass of me!
All the best for today mate. :smiling3:
Nothing crass about it mate. I’m really not precious about this stuff. It’s just part of my disease management. Nothing to worry about, they’ve already given me coffee……. I have this done today, then again in two weeks and I should get relief for six months minimum…..it just means sitting about all day while the stuff drips into my arm. I would have started it two weeks ago if I hadn’t blown the cyst on the back of my knee the day before and ended up in A and E :flushed:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice one Tim. She turned out very nice indeed.

Sorry to hear that the RA has been giving you grief and as for the cyst! Ouch. Hope that you are feeling a bit better.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Best wishes for a swift recovery.
I hate just the idea of needles into my veins, so I'm shivering thinking of your arm during the treatment.
Hope you have some good reading with you and/or some nice nurses around followed soon by a cold one (nearer than in Alex) to flood away what I suspect is a very tedious day.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice one Tim. She turned out very nice indeed.

Sorry to hear that the RA has been giving you grief and as for the cyst! Ouch. Hope that you are feeling a bit better.
Cheers Ian. The leg has improved a great deal, but was responsible for a couple of firsts…first time I traveled in an ambulance for my own health, and first time I was given morphine for pain. I wouldn’t recommend either to be honest ;)
Today’s infusion should get the RA back in control……feeling quite positive at the mo……

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great finish Tim like the colors and those stretchers hope all goes well with the RA I know the feeling mine has started me to slow down on the model building these past years.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great finish Tim like the colors and those stretchers hope all goes well with the RA I know the feeling mine has started me to slow down on the model building these past years.
Cheers Lee. Glad you like the paint job. I quite enjoyed it myself. Just finishing my meds at the moment, and already feel a little better, though that could just be the corticosteroid pre med or even the placebo effect……

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Cheers Steve. Glad you like her. Recovery starts now….I’m in a hospital ward, fitted with a cannula, waiting for my infusion to arrive……should be out again by about four :surprised:
Unless Matron makes an unheralded call ... :anguished:
Steve