Time for a Fag Effect

S

sprayman

Been trying to find a solution to having some of my figures having a ciggie, At work we have a very fine cotton pad, for chrome buffing, and when they have been used a bit they fray with a very fine cotton thread.

So I nabbed one and thought it may pass as cig smoke, I had to spray a fine mist of hair spray over it to rigid it up a bit, so I was looking for input from you guys as if it would pass as smoke, without looking cotton woolie, if you know what I mean.

All input welcome.

PJP

Peter/Pedro/Hey you
First Name
Peter
Looks good.

Does it for me!

Peter

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Definitely works for me,very clever.

Steve

F

Fenlander

Looks spot on to me, you will have to market them ready made in packs of 20 lol.

J

john22

its realy cool mate av never seen anything like that before .......john

S

sprayman

Your support and praise is very much appreciated, thank you all, I did try it with normal cotton wool but the effect looked terrible, the cotton clothes we use are branded "Autofine Buffing cloth"

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That does look very good. Being an addict of the weed I see the stuff all the time. I can see a multitude of uses for that other than ciggy smoke; A smoking machinegun barrel; Exhaust from standing cars? Steam from a kettle? I think you should start selling them Ray!

Ian M

S

sprayman

Once again thanks to you all, some good ideas there Ian,as you can see from the pic, this thread is fine, and the more you pull it the finer it gets. Its a bugger to work with, hold your breath when glueing it, or pooof its gone. May have to sculpt a fag packet to look like its in the figures top pocket.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Ray, that really looks the business!

Is that cloth readily available? If so, where from?

Gern

S

sprayman

Hi Gern, we get packets of the cloth at work, and its in a clear plastic bag with "Autofine Buffing cloth". All it is fine cotton cloth, which we use for buffing chrome, maybe give Halfords a go, but make sure is cotton.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Now thats a great idea Ray, nice one. I've got to give it a go sometime.

Have fun, John

Dustbin

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ray, is this "Autofine Buffing cloth" supplied by a specific company to your work ? I tried doing a "Google" with no results.

Paul

S

sprayman

Looking on the packet, its made by a company called Dynabrade USA.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi ray, only just caught up with this one. Absolute genius mate,i love it , its so lifelike. Do us a favour and post it on the unconventional materials thread in quick tips section, its just what the threads all about! Im off now to find a figure i can give a 20 a day habit to!!! cheers tony