Tintin Challenge....

P

Polux

Hi friends!

This suggestion was one of my ideas for the GB and SIG 2015. But I’ve been thinking and now should be an interesting challenge until Christmas.

If you are agreeing to participate, we have three months like a normal GB.

The rules: Just buy a figure, a car or any kind of item related with the comic. You can find items from a collector pieces to a child plastic toys.....Yes! I know!! All them comes painted :smiling3:

So which is the challenge...? Recreate a vignette!!!!

Just add a little or big base (you choice) and paint it like the figures and comic. ;)

I think is not that easy like it seems..... You must have to build the base and then paint on a different form as is usual on our models. Not weathering, no pre shade, no washes.....The paintwork must be closer as possible as the comic, with these light and pastel colours....

You can take a look on your comics or on the web, the possibilities are infinite, with very interesting and funny options!!!

Tintin on the Moon, America, Congo.....

View attachment 88729

View attachment 88730

View attachment 88731

Any takers that want to share this challenge until Christmas...? :smiling3: :smiling3: :smiling3:

Polux

blue lotus.jpg

293757.jpg

tumblr_mizv62UdBM1s3689io3_1280.jpg

Last edited:
First Name
Dave
I remember watching Tintin when I was a child. One episode had a space rocket that looked like a V2 painted in black and white chequers if I remember correctly.

R

roymattblack

This is an AWESOME idea.......

I'm a monster Tintin fan.

I'll have a peep through the books and see what I can come up with.

Count me IN for one!

Roy.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
do like the idea, off this one,

P

Polux

\ said:
This is an AWESOME idea.......I'm a monster Tintin fan.

I'll have a peep through the books and see what I can come up with.

Count me IN for one!

Roy.
I'm glad you like it, Roy :smiling3:

I will be waiting for your item and idea ;)

Thanks!!! :smiling3: :smiling3:

P

Polux

\ said:
I remember watching Tintin when I was a child. One episode had a space rocket that looked like a V2 painted in black and white chequers if I remember correctly.
Was Tintin on the moon!! Lovely paintwork with white and red colours.

You want to revive your young Dave? :smiling3: There are some planes there.... ;)

T

Tone M

Sounds fun :smiling3:

I have a Spitfire PRXIX laying around that i've had next to no interest in (1/72, to small for me to in detail), would i be able to build that?

There was a Spitfire in The Land Of Black Gold (1950) it probably wasn't an XIX though haha :rolleyes:

Some lovely reference material on this butiful site :smiling3: - http://dardel.info/tintin/indexE.html

Last edited:
P

Polux

\ said:
Sounds fun :smiling3: I have a Spitfire PRXIX laying around that i've had next to no interest in (1/72, to small for me to in detail), would i be able to build that?

There was a Spitfire in The Land Of Black Gold (1950) it probably wasn't an XIX though haha :rolleyes:

Some lovely reference material on this butiful site :smiling3: - http://dardel.info/tintin/indexE.html
It's fine to me!

Remember the challenge is to copy the vignette! So you need this Spit seems a draw :smiling3: only one colour, no panel lines, ....

T

Tone M

\ said:
It's fine to me!Remember the challenge is to copy the vignette! So you need this Spit seems a draw :smiling3: only one colour, no panel lines, ....
That suits me! :D

(i can't do small scale 'life-like' detail to save my life ;) )

P

Polux

The land of black gold happened on the desert, you will do a sand base? ;) maybe some "desert shed" :D

T

Tone M

\ said:
The land of black gold happened on the desert, you will do a sand base? ;) maybe some "desert shed" :D
Haha :smiling3:

I'm not sure yet, i'm also tempted to do the Triumph Herald from Black Island :D

P

Polux

My own ideas for the challenge are some vehicles, car principally ;)

But I love the ships on the black island and the tank on the Tornassol affair...

Last edited: