To Yomp or to Tab??

P

Plastickitbasher

Whilst looking for something else in the loft I found these.

I eleive them to be from the Matchbox NATO set and I think I'm right in saying they are 1/76th scale or just plain bleeding small!!!

As my Hummer built seems to have hit a brick wall struggling with it I thought these would make a nice break.

Painted with Vallejo acylics with a weathering of a Mig brown filter just to knock the paint down a lttle.

I did try to make some backpacks for the figures from some Milliput but they didn't look right so left them as they are.

Photo's

View attachment 60487 View attachment 60488

View attachment 60489 View attachment 60490

Enjoy

Regards

David

View attachment 62103

View attachment 62104

View attachment 62105

View attachment 62106

RM_0001.jpg

RM_0002.jpg

Para_0001.jpg

Para_0002.jpg

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I bought a box of these Matchbox figures from a local charity shop recently after cursing myself for giving a box away a few years ago. I think they are pretty good for those 70's inspired NI dioramas. It's definitley tabbing. My dad tabbed across East Falkland with 3 Para in '82 and hated everything to do with the cabbageheads. He was one of 12 Paras to return to the UK aboard Canberra with the battalions equipment and personal effects of the dead. He shared a cabin with a Marine called Pansy. He's 62 now but that fact and having just suffered a stroke didn't stop him from lamping an ex-Marine who he thought was taking the pi$$ out of him in hospital recently!