Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
That's excellent Tony. The weathering is particularly well done - typical of Japanese planes of the period.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I can only echo what the guys said, Tony. She is a beauty with a superb finish!!! What, only 2 months late to finish it???...Amateur, I say!!!...

Prost
Allen

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Outstanding work Tony, I really loved the build thread, and nobody would even know that you dropped it, and had to fix it.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
That is just stupendous, Tony! I love the measured weathering. Outstanding!
I like it :smiling3:
Very nice indeed
Nice one Tony!
Pete
That's excellent Tony. The weathering is particularly well done - typical of Japanese planes of the period.
I can only echo what the guys said, Tony. She is a beauty with a superb finish!!! What, only 2 months late to finish it???...Amateur, I say!!!...

Prost
Allen
A great result tony ,nice job
Outstanding work Tony, I really loved the build thread, and nobody would even know that you dropped it, and had to fix it.
Tony,
That is a cracking result mate well worth the wait.
Very nice model Tony; the painting and weathering stand out.
Thanks everyone for the great comments glad you like it . Its been a long build and I’m happy that it doesnt look its age , the surface detail on this is as good as anything produced today. Heres another pic of it next to the bf 109 e trop , i know its a different scale but the Raiden is a real chunky monkey !!

Arigato gozaimasu !
, Tony san15E948DE-70A2-43B9-9880-64ABEA342F5D.jpeg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice one Tony. I do like a well used aircraft, and this one ticks so many boxes for me. Top job.

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
When I see a finish like this it makes me realise just how lacking I am in the skills for weathering. Simply amazing work Tony. Question. Wont you have some collectors of vintage kits turning in their graves at the thought of you ripping into a 50 year old kit and building it. ?:sick:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice one Tony. I do like a well used aircraft, and this one ticks so many boxes for me. Top job.
Beautiful
Missed this completely!!
Superb finish Tony.... Well worth the wait! :thumb2: :cool:
When I see a finish like this it makes me realise just how lacking I am in the skills for weathering. Simply amazing work Tony. Question. Wont you have some collectors of vintage kits turning in their graves at the thought of you ripping into a 50 year old kit and building it. ?:sick:
Fantastic Tony, great weathering on the paintwork
Thanks guys , im chuffed with how it turned out and youre right Steve , most ‘collectors’ would be outraged at the thought of somebody actually building a rare kit ! :smiling5::thumb2: