Too Slow To Run....Too Big To Hide.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Lovely job on that one Jim. I’ve always thought these were strangely attractive. Apparently they had the highest kill to loss ratio of any mainstream German AFV. When I saw the real one at Bovington I was surprised it wasn’t bigger though.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Lovely job on that one Jim. I’ve always thought these were strangely attractive. Apparently they had the highest kill to loss ratio of any mainstream German AFV. When I saw the real one at Bovington I was surprised it wasn’t bigger though.
Thanks Tim, I also saw one up close and personal many years ago at Aberdeen proving ground museum and strangely felt the same way.
Still an impressive example of over engineering and mindless waste of effort and resources when Germany could least afford such nonsensical
policy. But old "Ferdy" was a favorite of Hiller's...so.

Jim.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is a "Dandy" Jim. I too saw the Aberdeen beast....as a matter of fact, it was parked at the rail spur there at the Museum. Upon further investigation I was told that it was going to be restored (cosmetically) if I remember correctly. Never did hear if it came home afterwards or not. I have the dvd of the restoration and it turned out pretty good. Rick H.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jim
Definitely another winner. I like the way you have gone to the trouble of matching the suspension/wheels to the ground contours.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
It really did turn out well Rick/Jim. The Aberdeen example was the one shipped to Bovington for the Tiger display. It looked excellent! I think it’s the only one around!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Jim
Definitely another winner. I like the way you have gone to the trouble of matching the suspension/wheels to the ground contours.
Jim
Thanks Jim, thought I would do something different with the suspension, lends a bit more realism.

Jim.