Toyota Castrol TOM'S Supra GT, Tamiya 1/24

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so since the Corolla hasnt panned out i need to do something else for a RACE GB elsewhere.......what better than a Castrol TOM'S Supra?.....at least all the paint i sorted out for the Corolla will do for this lol

the car featured in Japanese GT racing in the latter part of the '90s.........TOM'S is a tuning company that work for Toyota

First Name
Jason
That's sweet, got some nice stuff in the stash ey Paul;). I saw a mash up of this somewhere once, some guy had taken the engine and under bonnet detail from another supra kit (think it was the Tamiya road car kit) and put it under the bonnet of one of these. Look forward to watching this one come together mate!

Jason

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
thanks ,....the stash is waaaaay too big lol....went thro a period of long term unemployment, as soon as i started work and got some cash the stash grew lol....keep trying to build more than i buy but you know how it goes :D

ive not built many cars in the last 18 months, interest went in other directions, but i have a few planned

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
so finally got round to some kind of update

........for the last week ive not been able to do much for a variety of reasons, work getting in the way being the main one,.......slicing my right thumb for another!,.....its not bad but its in such a place its been hard to pick things up or use a knife or paint brush without it hurting

but ive managed to get lots of bits painted in advance using rattle cans, the seat is decaled up, havnt got any aftermarket belts of i might have tried using them

shell has had a light coat of white

now i have a few rest days from work i plan on cracking on with this

P

Polux

I like it very much Paul!

And will follow this one with interest, maybe my next built is a car.....and this one will be a beauty, I'm sure!!!

Cheers

Polux

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great start paul , the belts look ok ,are they decals? tony

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Do you think it would be possible to carefully cut round the decal , leaving it on the sheet and then touch up the cut edge with the relevant colour ? maybe this would give a bit of depth and make them stand off the surface a bit , or would they be too thick?

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
i think it would have been too thick

in the past i have had some buckles that were left over from something and i used some 3mm ribbon...........but i used them up ages ago :sad:

keep wanting some more aftermarket ones but cant find the ones i like

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
todays progress

the pit is done............you might not get any updates for a few days......its the body shell next *gulp*

D

delmonteman

I'm halfway through decalling this. It's taking a while..........

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
finally got up the enthusiasm to make a start on the decals

considering they are tamiya and the kit is not very old (bought in a shop only a few months ago) they seem quite delicate

First Name
Jason
Looking good so far Paul. Got some interesting curves to wrap there by the looks of it. I need to be in the mood for decaling, so easy to mess it up if you don't give it your full attention.

Jason