Toyota Hilux Pickup Truck

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Aoshima kit in 1/24

went together really quickly at the end, zero fit problems, no drama at all, all in all a lovely kit

my only gripe would be the decals...........why does it carry a Toyota logo on the grille.......small Toyota and Hilux decals on the back.....yet there isnt a big 'TOYOTA' to go on the tail gate?

34hyj9f.jpg

2lbyssg.jpg

2poxf5z.jpg

2149qib.jpg

F

Fenlander

Nice one Paul.  Good finish on it. Can't answer the decal issue.....

D

Deleted member 4539

Nice and lovely factory fresh finish.

Great work all round Paul :smiling3: .

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Typically that model would have the word "TOYOTA"  stamped into the sheet metal of the tailgate.....other than that dunno.. :S

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice finish Paul,looks great and no zombie hunter insight, :D

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Typically that model would have the word "TOYOTA"  stamped into the sheet metal of the tailgate.....other than that dunno.. :S

exactly.....i would have expected it to be in the moulding and a decal to go on top but theres neither.......cant be cos of copyright since it has the logo on the grille and other toyota and hilux decals.....just Aoshima being weird i think

A

Ace

It looks really great; ready to assault the North Pole! You know, I just noticed today lots of later Toyota trucks don't have the name stamped in big letters across the tailgate. Also googled it and saw the same thing: blank tailgates. Don't know what year your kit is sposed to be but I bet that's the answer. (I woulda swore it's supposed to be there myself but I think it got dropped a while ago). So cheer up Paul!!

Last edited:
First Name
Marc
Looks good. Could be a cost cutting excerise by not having to do extra tooling on the injection moulding machine. Flawless finish though. 

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Awesome result! You're right about the decals, a shame they missed that rather obvious detail from the decal sheet.