First Name
Robert
View attachment 108586

View attachment 108596

View attachment 108597

View attachment 108598

View attachment 108599

View attachment 108601

Thought I'd make a start on the tamiya 1/24 Toyota Toms 84C as the Ardennes assault diorama is taking such a long time so I thought I need a new project to get me back in the mood so why not attempt a car.

Kit was bought from Peter on here in fir sake thread.

First thought on kit looks easy enough although I've never built anything like this.

Kit has a lot of sink marks in but should be able to get rid of easy enough.

Think I'll skip the decals and attempt a carbon fibre look and possibly have a few Toyota badges on display. More of a weekend track vehicle in private hands( not fast and furious but along that line.

Have included a few pics of kit.View attachment 108586

View attachment 108595

View attachment 108600

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
Glad you're starting this one Robert ........... I'll be watching.

First Name
Robert
\ said:
Glad you're starting this one Robert ........... I'll be watching.
Well first I'll be priming the whole kit with black val primer after a good wash in soapy water, make a start on the engine and maybe try the carbon fibre look but still need to get the paint ( poss halfords )

I experimented on a piece of spare plastic mixing gun metal part silver paint and semigloss black but never came out good so maybe look for can spray of carbon fibre paint next time I'm off

Regards

Robert

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Well first I'll be priming the whole kit with black val primer after a good wash in soapy water, make a start on the engine and maybe try the carbon fibre look but still need to get the paint ( poss halfords )
I experimented on a piece of spare plastic mixing gun metal part silver paint and semigloss black but never came out good so maybe look for can spray of carbon fibre paint next time I'm off

Regards

Robert
Halfords "Semi Gloss" Black gives a great finish. It's more of a satin matt, just the job for a "Development" car. I used it on this bike.

View attachment 108611

View attachment 108612

katana.jpg

katana2.jpg

First Name
Robert
That's the way to go I think as I just looked at vinyl carbon fibre wrap and think it's gonna be harder than I first anticipated. The dull but clean look is what I'm looking for so halfords semi gloss ( satin Matt ) is the look I'll be doing but detailed engine bay and cockpit. Thanks for the advice Peter

Robert

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
By the way who owns the crotch rocket as looks a sweet ride!! It is a real bike yes?
Robert
No it's not a real one.......... It's a single seat, custom job I did from the 12th scale Tamiya kit of the "Suzuki Katana"

View attachment 108616

katana.jpg

First Name
Robert
Well what can I say your photography skills ( let alone modelling skills are awesome. You had me fooled! I thought it wa your weekend toy away from the mrs

Bloody good build eh?

5 stars from a retired biker ( 17 yrs on two wheels but now got 4

Robert

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
\ said:
Well what can I say your photography skills ( let alone modelling skills are awesome. You had me fooled! I thought it wa your weekend toy away from the mrs
Bloody good build eh?

5 stars from a retired biker ( 17 yrs on two wheels but now got 4

Robert
Thanks Robert....... Now get on and build the car. :smiling3: