TP-26 Transporter(apc)

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hopefully not so much the airbrush but paint woe's put to bed have cracked on with one of the builds done whilst staying away from the paint problems.

20240304_192447.jpg

I'm sure this was a fleabay steal for six or seven pounds ,every one to their own mine was the bad ass exhaust and search light forcing the purchase sadly both of wich are absent in the kit. Did have a quick look at the blurb development was1933 only a few built troops in the rear were packed in knee to knee every bump meant someone got a clout from someone else's weapon plus having to put up with carbon monoxide poisoning causing it to be abandoned ,apparently thoes left over were used by the NKVD. The blurb touted it as the fore runner of the modern day personnel carrier.
Mirage hobby ok if you know what to expect not for the easily perturbed but cleanly moulded parts you just have to supply your own mass fettleing. The undercarriage was where most of the work was involved
20240309_081401.jpg
So forty eight pieces just on the bogies and return wheels these I build on the sprue although thoes in the picture below weren't needed the set I wanted were on a diffrent sprue DOH!!
20240312_133129.jpg
So from the instructions you can see all good fun
20240312_130548.jpg
Found the simplest way was to stick two wheels then put it over a drill bit making it easy to drop and line up the other half
20240312_130657.jpg
20240312_130915.jpg
After that it was just a build with a fair amount of fettleing but nothing that was OTT ,only bummer was one of the tracks kept breaking other one was fine so I'll just pass on that one you can't tell so alls good.
After the airbrush/ paint drama started with all new got some one shot primer from the local model railway shop and dived in ,one shot was always my goto so no fears there put it down in three or four light coats straight out of the bottle result below of a mass priming session
20240316_130747.jpg
All the green was done using Mig/ammo paints ,haven't quite finished blocking in and highlighting bits and pieces but nearly ready for a couple of coats of filter then on to some panel liner and weathering
20240318_115459.jpg
Will report in when more progress has been made. Dave

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Have applied a couple of heavily thinned filter coats , my go to is the mig filter for tri tonal camo its the only one I use coz tri tonal works with yellow green and brown covers all bases. Still a fair bit to do but have started to experiment more with oils finding it intresting ,have done a fair bit more since this picture dont think I'm that far away now so all being well back soon
20240321_120341.jpg
Dave

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
You've done really well with this unusual vehicle. Mirage is not known for the quality of its kits but does have some stuff which others don't cover. Already the paint job looks fine.

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
You've done really well with this unusual vehicle. Mirage is not known for the quality of its kits but does have some stuff which others don't cover. Already the paint job looks fine.
Jim thanks for taking time to give some feedback as I said come on a bit since last pic but getting there ,mirage not the best(far from it) but loads of great subject matter mostly 72nd but their 35th stuff isn't that bad if you don't mind investing in fettleing once again appreciate the feedback. Dave

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
All finished great little kit lots of fun ,looking at the last lot of pictures taken some of its a bit could have tried harder but hey ho never mind(actually I dont really care)ive had fun so thats all that counts one last picture I'll put the rest 8n the finished jobbie bit
20240322_090128.jpg
Thank all for help and encouragement Dave

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Dave,
you hit the nail on the head this great hobby of ours is about having fun, and if you can end up with a great result like that as well even better.