Train Scale Help please,

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi all im after some help to find 1.35 scale rail cars,

i have seen a few ,but real dont wont to pay that much is there any in the model railway world that do

a 1.35,or close to it that are cheaper ? ;)

any help would be greatly appreciated, :smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
There you are Monica ..............

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rail_transport_modelling_scales

1 Scale is equivalent to 1/32 scale ....... That's about the closest.

Peter

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Peter ,

I will ring up trainworld which is close to home they may have some info as well, ;)

whats that brand called depol or some think along these lines should have ,or i hope,:rolleyes:

i do know it dose change from place to place and with the US, i think would be diffidence all to greater,as they do that lol,:confused:

First Name
Peter
Hi Monica, how about scaling down a paper model kit? Most parts in my SHL are made this way. I simply copy some paper model parts on adhesive paper, stick it to plasticard and cut out plastic parts. You could do the same with addition of rescaling (or simply rescale and print on some stiff paper). Though it is more difficult than making a resin kit - this would be much cheaper. What railcar are you interested in?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dave Garrett

try ebay monica i have seen some plastic kits for trains goods wagons etc but can't remember what scale they where xxx

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have the same problem trying to find British WWII locomotives and rolling stock in an appropriate scale. Cheap they are not. Also few and far between. Most likely me not knowing squat about them or where to find them.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
\ said:
Hi Monica, how about scaling down a paper model kit? Most parts in my SHL are made this way. I simply copy some paper model parts on adhesive paper, stick it to plasticard and cut out plastic parts. You could do the same with addition of rescaling (or simply rescale and print on some stiff paper). Though it is more difficult than making a resin kit - this would be much cheaper. What railcar are you interested in?
dose sound like a good idea Peter,maybe try that as a last resort :rolleyes:

I was after ww11 or 1930 ,s boxcars, !!

or drop down to 1.48 which i think is O-scale,and then the figures would be 28 mm if im right ?

I did have a bit of alook on evilbay Dave,and did see afew,but were still costly

\ said:
I have the same problem trying to find British WWII locomotives and rolling stock in an appropriate scale. Cheap they are not. Also few and far between. Most likely me not knowing squat about them or where to find them.
that is the very same as I ,Ian know very little about trains or rolling stock,which makes it harder again,:confused:

as i dont real wont to drop down to HO/OO, as its so small

but i think 1.48 would still be a good size to do it in,? :rolleyes:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
wow is that real paper ?,

dose not look like it at all, ;)

if i could make paper look like that ,im very interested,

but would like 1.32 ,1 scale,or the smallest would be O scale,

the 2rd 3rd from the left the the boxcar can be altered and the other would be fine as is,

any help would be greatly appreciated, :D

ran up the train shop do you have any 1920 or so 1 scale box cars,sorry no but have some in O scale ,oh how much

$110.oo. i dont wont to pay that much do you have flat kits like depal,or what ever or peco,dont no ring back and talk to noel,

oh my,see what your up against,:rolleyes:

First Name
Peter
Here you are some links to paper model train builds to see what tricks they do to make it look real:

fridge build

coal wagon

platform

passenger

box car scratch built in paper

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
just amazing how they turn out,

and if cheap,would work for this one i wont to make, ;)