Trio + 1 of Mustangs Airfix 1/72

First Name
Adrian
You know its not Lollipop,,, look a little closer I made the same mistake when doing the 1:24th version :smiling3:

Will these be all on one display?

Looking forward to seeing the end results :smiling3:

Adrian

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
You know its not Lollipop,,, look a little closer I made the same mistake when doing the 1:24th version :smiling3:
Will these be all on one display?

Looking forward to seeing the end results :smiling3:

Adrian
Yep nothing fancy just a simple base Ade

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi everyone small update.... Having now completed mustang 1 & 2 lollipop and the RAF camo I have now started 3rd and 4th Daddy's Girl and FF943 of 5 in total. I'll be doing the alclad vs vallejo metal colour comparison on these two. Thanks for looking in and any comments cheers John

More later..................................:eek:image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

First Name
Robert
Did I miss this ( damn ) I bought my wife " daddy's girl" couple of years ago and she painted it all by hand using hairy sticks. Very proud and it sits on my display ( bit dusty but all her own work.

Love the Mustangs

Great builds so far

Robert

First Name
Dave
A proper mustang production line going on. It's better to do it that way, less paint changes going on. I did 3 gnats in a go a while back!

I love mustangs whether they've got 3 wheels, 4 wheels not sure about the four hoof ones though!:confused:o_O:smiling3:

You're doing a cracking job on these John, can't wait to see them all done. ;) :smiling3:

D

Doug Hughes

Good to see this, John. I have the Airfix Mustang up next so hopefully I'll pick up some tips. Unsurprisingly, I have almost the same Vallejo products on the shopping list as you!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Well I was working 37hrs a week over 4 days which was great for modelling and anything else I wanted to do with 3 days off but I'm now back on 5days which really sucks and I don't even get my 2 days off together !!!!!!

So my modelling as almost come to a halt but I try to pinch an hour here and there.

Time to look for a new job in the new year I feel so I can get back to my models :smiling3: N relax

So here's a tiny update on daddy's girl thanks for looking in cheers Johnimage.jpg

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Hi everyone just sprayed these two Mustangs for a comparison of Alclad vs Vallejo Metel Colors. (CHROME)

I've exclusively used Alclads to date until I was inspired to give the Metal Colors a try after seeing Ian's (papas) Sabre Build. And although there's not much to separate the two on the final finish for me personally the vallejo comes out on top.

The reasons for my findings are:

1 No odours present on spraying the vallejo unlike the alclads

2 vallejo seems to cover quicker and better with not as much usage

3 Less phaff on the application of the vallejo as I didn't worry about air pressure and angle of spray etc.

image.jpg

So on the basis of my findings once all my Alclads are used up I'll definitely be restocking with the vallejo metal Colors.

So to conclude in my humble opinion the metal colors are more user friendly than alclads and I would highly recommend them even for the staunch alclad fanatics.

Give em ago I promise you'll be pleasantly surprised thanks for looking cheers John

image.jpg

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Just caught up with this one John, there looking great.

Nice bit on the new Vallejo metal colours, the lack of odour would definitely be a pro as the alclads do stink a bit but your pic shows the alclad with a nice deeper shine to me or is that lighting John?

Cheers

Phil

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
\ said:
Just caught up with this one John, there looking great.
Nice bit on the new Vallejo metal colours, the lack of odour would definitely be a pro as the alclads do stink a bit but your pic shows the alclad with a nice deeper shine to me or is that lighting John?

Cheers

Phil
Honestly Phil there's nothing to choose between the two finish wise. It's just the lighting (hobby lamp) and my iPad. If I'd sprayed two pieces of plastic card even I wouldn't know the difference :smiling3: