Triumph Herald 1:32 First build in 20 years!

P

PabsTheGeek

Well that was a good few hours of good olde fun!!

Although when I seen the parts ! was quite shocked, I thought this was an easy kit! lol :D

I have realised I need more tools, like tweezers... yup I forgot to buy some :sad: But what I've done so far I'm proud of. Actuallysince taking the photos I've cleanded up the engine a bit, the seem marks needed smoothed.

Now I have the engine I'm thinking I should paint it, something I know I'm not good at :smiling3: .

DSC_0002.JPG

DSC_0006.JPG

DSC_0010.JPG

D

Deleted member 4539

Yeah go on paint the engine,You're just getting back into the hobby so you need the practice;).

No one here will think anything bad about what you do.After all we are all still learning and are here to help each other.

First Name
Robert
Paint the engine and chassis as best you can and don't worry about errors as they will come and from them we all learn ( most of us )

Don't go spending heaps of lolly on expensive tools either as from this site you'll get lots of tips and tricks to keep your wallet healthy.

Robert

P

PabsTheGeek

\ said:
Paint the engine and chassis as best you can and don't worry about errors as they will come and from them we all learn ( most of us )
Don't go spending heaps of lolly on expensive tools either as from this site you'll get lots of tips and tricks to keep your wallet healthy.

Robert
Yeah I didn't spend too much! model was cheap ~£8 I got a good little file set, different shapes, for £4. I thought the wife had tweezer that I could pinch but got some online :smiling3:

While waiting for those, I need them as a lot of the parts are tiny, I'll sptart painting the engine on Tuesday night.

A

andyrobs

Great start Paul, look forward to seeing more of this

Cheers Andrew

P

Polux

Nice choice!

Seems a good start Paul,so just take your time and enjoy....the "other" will come alone :smiling3:

P

PabsTheGeek

I see what you mean about the paints, they really are rubbish .. and I've no clue ;)

Anyway, I did a few coats only using the 2 brushes supplied by the kit (awaiting delivery of better ones).

Under the chassis is very poor, but I was learning. The other side looks much better and the engine is poor also.

But for a first attempt and not expecting fantastic results, I'm happy.

Thinking of buying proper paints for the body and do that as good as I can, again I know its my first build and everything I do is a learning point.

DSC_0016.JPG

DSC_0017.JPG

DSC_0019.JPG

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
I see what you mean about the paints, they really are rubbish .. and I've no clue ;)
Anyway, I did a few coats only using the 2 brushes supplied by the kit (awaiting delivery of better ones).

Under the chassis is very poor, but I was learning. The other side looks much better and the engine is poor also.

Thinking of buying proper paints for the body and do that as good as I can, again I know its my first build and everything I do is a learning point.
Looks good to me.

For me, you have the basics of painting neatly and I think this is an important step to improvement for when you want to start adding highlight and depth. :smiling3:

Keep having fun..

D

dougie

I had this year's ago, paints need some thinning to go down nice and primer underneath that has been flattened a bit is a must

First Name
Marc
\ said:

Like Dougie said. Thinner paints and thinner coats equals more detail. We are all learning it's part of the fun

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice one, looking good.