Triumph's Revells B-24D Liberator Flak Alley built by Ian Collis

T

Triumph

Built out the box Revell 1/48 B-24D Liberator Flak Alley. Built by Ian Collis many years ago.

B-24D-25-CO Liberator 41-24225 Flak Alley boasted an athletic young woman attired in nothing but panties. Aside from this female form, at the time the model was based on, five swastikas below its mission tally denoted that the combined claims of the aircraft's gunners made this bomber an ace. Belonging to the 68th BS/44th BG, Flak Alley was lost on the 24 Feb 44 on her 42nd mission. Crashed in a small village south of Gotha. Eye witness noted that after bombing the target, Gotha, Germany, this aircraft was hit by prop wash and fell out of formation. Enemy aircraft concentrated their attacks on this A/C and it began to struggle. Six chutes were seen to come out of the A/C before it was seen to explode at approximately 1328 hours.

View attachment 117342

View attachment 117343

View attachment 117344

View attachment 117345

View attachment 117346

View attachment 117347

View attachment 117348

View attachment 117349

Ian made this kit years ago and while theres no doubt about his skills now, at the time he went with the Revell instructions, so as it turned out there was a problem with the model, which, just to show I still can model, I put it right. These two pictures show what I mean. First there was a gap with the cockpit glass,Tiny bit of filler and mixed some paint up inproved things, then the Red markings around the nose window, B/W picture dose not have them and I have never seen on any pictures of B-24s, but on the decal sheet and instructions it says to put them on. I went with the B/W pic and removed the decals on both sides and repainted the area, last was the rear guns, To much paint, thanks to some 'oven cleaner' I removed the paint and repainted the glass again, problem is Revell chosed to have a join slap bang down the middle of the blister, nothing to do but live with it

View attachment 117350

View attachment 117351

View attachment 117352

View attachment 117353

media-14535.jpg

DSCF00060.jpg

DSCF0056.jpg

DSCF0050.jpg

DSCF0046.jpg

DSCF0042.jpg

DSCF00090.jpg

DSCF0085.jpg

DSCF0015.jpg

New%20crop.jpg

DSCF0028.jpg

croped.jpg

Last edited:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
that's a very nice build,Peter,I real do like it very well done, ;)

V

Vajled

this is real plane?

heheh, FANTASTIC WORK for my eyes

Roman

D

Doug Hughes

Fantastic. Love the base/background too - the 'side on' pictures could easily be the real thing. Well done to Ian for the build.

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Very nice Peter and another great build by Ian, your generic base and background photo really does make a difference and is something I'll be looking to do at some stage

Regards

Phil

M

My Model Car Workshop

Aircraft not really my scene, but as far as the model goes, it looks great. Nice bit of work, covering the gap at the bottom of the cockpit windscreen.

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Superbly photographed!!:cool: