Trumpeter 1/35 JS-4; A low-slung beauty

V

virtue66

Good day people. It's almost Christmas. Hope you guys are done with xmas shopping and ready to exchange gifts.

I'm sure you all are aware that I am building a quick dual build of the JS-4 and the KV-5. Well, I have finished both of them. I planned to do a finished post for each separately and since I have already posted about the KV-5, here's the JS-4.

The kit is built out of the box except for just one small thing, The gun is from my Panda Hobby's Obj 279.

I bought Painting Guide for AFV by José Luis Lopez Ruiz and after reading the book cover to cover once, I decided to apply the unique Black and White technique.

For the weathering, since this was an actual vehicle, I wanted to show it with some weathering to depict a used vehicle ( trials, exercises and what-have-you )

Well, that's about as much I can sum up about the build. More informations and more photos and bigger ones (4000X3000) can be found on my blog -

http://modeller-innovation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/trumpeter-135-js-4-low-slung-beauty.html

Please do have a look and thank you so much in advance for any feedback you guys may have. C&C are welcomed. Just be gentle... LOL.

Thank you for always supporting and for the kind words and various encouragements.

Until the next launch.

D

dubster72

that's really good Gary - I was going to ask you about the colour as it's a much lighter green than usually seen on Russian armour, but you've explained it on your blog :smiling3:

P

Polux

Nice one Gary.

Another lovely build to add at your collection ;)

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Another great build Gary great, painting and weathering do real like it, ;)

and i like how you have used the tree trunk,down the side as added Armour,

as i have seenpic,s of them doing that to there tanks,o_O

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Another beaut Gary, always love your builds and so beautifully photographed.

Si:smiling3:

V

virtue66

\ said:
that's really good Gary - I was going to ask you about the colour as it's a much lighter green than usually seen on Russian armour, but you've explained it on your blog :smiling3:
Yeah Patrick. The colour was just random. I messed up with the mix so i had to keep apply and apply to make a presentable 4BO. IT was still yellowish but at least it looks more like sun bleach rather than show a hint of Olive green.

\ said:
Another great build from you Gary great painting and weathering
Thank you Ian. Ironically, this was meant to be a very quick build with not too many thoughs put into it ... ( I do have tendency to mess up kits that I really want to give my best LOL )

\ said:
Nice one Gary.Another lovely build to add at your collection ;)
Yes and no Polux. I sold this along with my KV-5 to the same collector who paid £80 for each models

\ said:
Another great build Gary great, painting and weathering do real like it, ;) and i like how you have used the tree trunk,down the side as added Armour,

as i have seenpic,s of them doing that to there tanks,o_O
Thank you Monica. You are right with the amour but for this particular tank, this is a unditching log. I should do more wood armour like you said. It would be fun.

\ said:
Another beaut Gary, always love your builds and so beautifully photographed.Si:smiling3:
Thank you so much. I could have done better with the Photos but the darn winter months is not giving me much light and my indoor lighting is not that satisfactory .. :sad:

\ said:
Very nicely done. Nice paint job and overall build. :smiling3:
Thank you very very much

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
You are very talented indeed! also love you're subject matter. Am big fan of the Russian giants

S

Stevekir

A very good model. (Although you might have overdone the weathering in the first pic !).