Vallejo Model Color

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I am going to start stocking Vallejo model color, should be early next week, now while I would like to get all 220 I've decided to get them in smaller batches of 72, so this is probably going to be the first batch although there is 79 in the list I couldn't decide which to remove, do you think this is a good start?

Metallic Brass VAL801

German Orange VAL805

cadium red val814

basic skin tone val815

Luftwaffe Uniform WWII VAL816

Iraqi Sand VAL819

Off White val820

German Cam Beige WWII VAL821

German Cam Black Brown VAL822

Luftwaffe Cam Green VAL823

German Cam. Orange Ochre VAL824

German Cam Pale Brown VAL825

German Fieldgrey WWII VAL830

German Cam. Bright Green VAL833

Pale Sand VAL837

Sunny Skin Tone VAL845

Dark Sand VAL847

glossy black val861

Black grey val862

Metallic Gunmetal Grey VAL863

Metallic Oily Steel VAL865

Grey Green VAL866

Dark Blue Grey VAL867

Dark Seagreen VAL868

sea grey 870 val870

Leather Brown VAL871

Chocolate Brown VAL872

US Field Drab VAL873

US Tan Earth VAL874

Beige Brown VAL875

Brown Sand VAL876

Metallic Old Gold VAL878

Khaki Grey VAL880

Silver Grey VAL883

Stone Grey VAL884

Green Grey VAL886

Brown Violet VAL887

Olive Grey VAL888

US Olive Drab VAL889

Reflective Green VAL890

Intermediate Green VAL891

Yellow Olive VAL892

US Dark Green VAL893

Russian Green VAL894

German Cam Extra Dark Green VAL896

Bronze Green VAL897

Dark Sea Blue VAL898

Dark Prussian Blue VAL899

Intermediate Blue VAL903

Dark Blue Grey VAL904

Pale Greyblue VAL907

Tan Yellow VAL912

Sand Yellow VAL916

German Uniform VAL920

English Uniform VAL921

US Uniform VAL922

Japanese Uniform WWII VAL923

Russian Uniform WWII VAL924

Red VAL926

Saddle Brown VAL940

Matt Black VAL950

White VAL951

Field Blue VAL964

Military Green VAL975

Buff VAL976

Desert Yellow VAL977

Dark Yellow VAL978

German Cam Dark Green VAL979

Black Green VAL980

orange 981 val981

Flat Earth VAL983

Flat Brown VAL984

Hull Red VAL985

Deck Tan VAL986

Khaki VAL988

Sky Grey VAL989

Dark Sea Grey VAL991

Neutral Grey VAL992

German Grey VAL995

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Seems like an OK selection to start with.

I dont know if this is the place to make such a suggestion, but I will anyway!

Most shops that stock Vallejo have the stand for them and the paint numbers get well mixed up and they tend to use the position number instead. The chip cards and sheets also follow position number. It might make things easier for you if you did the same. This is only a suggestion if you also will have the stand. My personal preference is the position number as a quick run along the holders and you can very quickly find the colour you need, as it is in the same order as in the chip book. (another worthwhile investment by the way).

Ian M

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Thanks Ian, when I add them to my site you will be able to sort or search however you like so hopefully it shouldn't be a problem

F

Fenlander

Are these the same as Model Air but un-thinned? Why I am asking is are the colours the same as Model Air or are they a different range. I don't believe you can have too much choice of paint though.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Yes Graham I think they are pretty much that apart from there is over twice as many to chose from, but there's also Panzer Aces which have a lot of similar colours but are supposed to be formulated different to Model Color, but I'm sure someone can expand on it

F

Ferrets Bueller

\ said:
Are these the same as Model Air but un-thinned? Why I am asking is are the colours the same as Model Air or are they a different range. I don't believe you can have too much choice of paint though.
They are slighty different colours in model air for instance you get rlm colours as well as other specific shades.

And yeah you can never have too much choice of paint.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Paul thats just too neat and tidy :smiling3:

P

phalinmegob

where abouts in wirral are you, can i borrow your shed ........i am drooling lol

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Paul. After my wife saw that pic she looked at me and said don't even think about it......too late i already have lol. She's praying that we get some money together and i build my new garage/workshop/model room, then all my kit can move out there lol

F

Ferrets Bueller

\ said:
Paul. After my wife saw that pic she looked at me and said don't even think about it......too late i already have lol. She's praying that we get some money together and i build my new garage/workshop/model room, then all my kit can move out there lol
Er yeah if i back up a little it gets even worse:surprise:

And you cant even see my spray booth on the far left in that pic.

B

Bunkerbarge

That's a heck of a lot of paint to beat that poor little 109 into submission with!! Doesn't stand much of a chance really!!

F

Ferrets Bueller

\ said:
That's a heck of a lot of paint to beat that poor little 109 into submission with!! Doesn't stand much of a chance really!!
The me109 didnt need it but that bloody revell spitfire did.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You got more paint there than my LHS!!! And that bench is way to clean and tidy! Do you never work there or are you under constant threat from your better half?

Ian M

F

Ferrets Bueller

\ said:
You got more paint there than my LHS!!! And that bench is way to clean and tidy! Do you never work there or are you under constant threat from your better half?Ian M
No it does get very messy, but once i finish a stage on a model i tidy up, i just like a tidy workbench

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I've ordered the model color paints and they will be in tomorrow I've added them to the shop so feel free to start buying them :smiling3: I won't be able to send them out until Wednesday as I will have to check them off, and as I did with the Model Air and Panzer Aces I've decided to give a little extra discount to kick things off, so not only do you get the normal 10% off RRP but use the code modelcolor10 at checkout and get a further 10% but you must buy at least 5 to get the extra discount (valid 1 use per person expires in 1 week but could end sooner) and for a quick reference guide I've created this page Vallejo Model Color Colour Chart

F

Fenlander

Excellent stuff John, I will be getting some next week if there is any left lol. Anything else coming in that we should know about??????

D

dm73

looking forward to getting my hands on these little beauties, love using the panzer ace paints more so than the tamiya acrylics. Got a little way to go to match Ferrets stash of goodies

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
\ said:
Excellent stuff John, I will be getting some next week if there is any left lol. Anything else coming in that we should know about??????
A few bits mostly replenishing stock, the AK Interactive DVD - Washes, Filters and Oils will be back in, not much else new apart from

Vulcan Models 1:35 - Zundapp K800 Motorcycle w/ Steib Nr.28 Side

Vulcan Models 1:35 - Zundapp K800 Motorcycle

Trumpeter Tools - Sandpaper Grip

Trumpeter Tools - Decal Tray

Trumpeter Tools - Model Clamp

Trumpeter Tools - Hobby Line Engraver

Trumpeter Tools - Hobby Side Cutter

Modelcraft - Handy Scriber

and coming soon Copper/Brass Beams 0.2mm to 2mm but not sure when they will be in

B

Bunkerbarge

Metal stock is an interesting development John and could attract model engineering members. I know good suppliers of metal stock are few and far between so I'm looking forward to what you are going to get your hands on.