Walker bulldog GOOK GETTER

D

Dave1973

all finished, the first tank ive done research on to get colours and details right.

the cupola interior has been painted in ivory white, as per the spec on late walkers. ive also added some extra packs on the tail weight for the troops, some of these in pictures had loads of equipment added, but i felt that would ruin the model.

This is a walker bulldog, used by 75th armoured in 1967 vietnam conflict, before they were all given to the AVRN to use. Most equipment during the vietnam era ended up getting nicknames or slogans,ainted on by the troops. GOOK GETTER lasted through the vietnam period and ended up being placed on show after the Saigon battle.

Ive portrayed it as well worn, with the metalwork showing through in various places, most noticable near the commanders cupola, and down the side where the steps were used,

Foliage always got caught up, so theres some dead jungle leaf litter and dead rice stalks.

i really ejoyed paqinting this one, and have begun the commander for the cupola, trying to learn how to shade and paint clohing and faces.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Er...take ya word for it...no piccies :D

D

Dave1973

\ said:
Really nice Dave, you've set the bar now!
Set the bar on the first notch mate! You wait till you lot post yours up. Mine will deffo look like a scrap heap reject!

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Set the bar on the first notch mate! You wait till you lot post yours up. Mine will deffo look like a scrap heap reject!
The bar is way too high for me to get my leg over:eek::cool: :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
do like it Dave very well done, ;)

P

phikoleoputra

great build mate!! Great job on the paint and weathering

D

dubster72

Very nice Dave, I like that alot! The colour seems to have interesting shading & the chipping is nicely realistic.

Top marks for your novel way of boosting your Great Build numbers! ;)

D

Dave1973

\ said:
Very nice Dave, I like that alot! The colour seems to have interesting shading & the chipping is nicely realistic.
Top marks for your novel way of boosting your Great Build numbers! ;)
Wasnt intentional, this Ipad is a bloody nightmare sometimes, mispelling words, missing letters, and then not allowing me to upload more than two photos at a time!

D

dubster72

\ said:
Wasnt intentional, this Ipad is a bloody nightmare sometimes, mispelling words, missing letters, and then not allowing me to upload more than two photos at a time!
I know mate, but I wish I'd thought of it years ago! ;)

And that's what you get for buying Crapple products! :P

D

Dave1973

Dont! I swore last year id never get any more apple stuff, but then i tried a goodle pad, and it was terrible, actually made the ipad decent!