War Machine fron Ironman II

First Name
Adrian
HI all, haven't been posting on here too much about my work but here's one I finished in 3 days from start to finish. It was a simple build and though some sites say his ammo belt is tricky I found in went together really well. I used Halfords grey primer followed by Halfords black primer. Over that I sprayed a mist coat of Alclad II Steel and painted the silver areas with Vallejo Liquid Silver. You may see the seams are prominent this is intentional as the suit is meant o be made from sections. The couple of decals I added are meant to represent Col. Rhodes of the USAF and thought it would just enhance it a little. Comments welcome as always.

View attachment 69000

View attachment 69002

View attachment 69003

View attachment 69004

View attachment 69005

View attachment 69006

View attachment 69007

View attachment 69008

View attachment 69009

Adrian

004.JPG

005.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

016.JPG

018.JPG

020.JPG

021.JPG

022.JPG

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looks brilliant adrian , the paint job is excellent . Did you brush the vallejo liquid silver , ive had a go spraying it in the past , it sprays lovely but you have to be careful handling it until you get a clear coat on it . cheers tony

First Name
Adrian
Hi Tony,

Yeah I brushed the silver on expecting the worst and it came out better than I could have hoped for.

Adrian

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Lovely job Adrian, the paint work looks stunning.

Si:smiling3:

P

Polux

Excellent paint work Adrian.

This figure looks fantastic!

Cheers

N

noble

That looks very cool i do like the paint work very nice indeed.

Scott

P

Paul P

Hi Adrian, the figure looks excellent, a very neat paint job, I was just wondering if you have thought about adding some shading and highlighting to it, to enhance the over all appearance, it would also make all the detail on it pop

Paul

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
Hi Adrian, the figure looks excellent, a very neat paint job, I was just wondering if you have thought about adding some shading and highlighting to it, to enhance the over all appearance, it would also make all the detail on it popPaul
I have thought about a little dry brushing here and there but don't want to spoil it as I'm not good at that kind of thing.

Adrian

P

Paul P

Hi Adrian, its not a difficult job really. just takes a bit of time especially with something this size,, with the dark grey parts use a black wash, so get your paint really thin and just brush it where theres a joint or a crease or a fold, you will find that , because the paints so thin that when you touch the model with the brush the paint will just flow along the crease or joint, with the outside edges just mix a colour about 2 shades lighter than the grey and dry brush the outside edges. there is also an enamel paint you can get called Metal cote made by humbrol, you can use this for the machine gun, theres one called Steel and another called Aluminium. Basically you paint this on and leave it to dry and then buff it up with a soft cloth, gives an unbeleivable realistic steel finish, then use the aluminium one just to highlight edges and give it a buff again. Obviously its just a suggestion but i think it would be worth a go

Paul

P

Paul P

BTW there should be no problem getting those parts sorted, do you have one so that a mold can be made ?

First Name
Adrian
The paintwork is actually black with a mist coat of steel on to give it the shimmer, so thinking if I add a black wash it will detract from the effect ?

Adrian

P

Paul P

Your not giving the whole thing a wash just the joints and creases, have a look at the armour in this pic

The armour was done with the metal cote steel, then if you look at the creases and the inner edges or when two parts meet i washe them, just in the joint, with black, and the outer edges are done with the alluminium, it just makes all the detail pop and there is so much on your iron man that would really stand out. Please dont think im pushing you if you are totally happy with it then leave it as it is i was just making a suggestion

Paul

H

Harry Labanville

loverly neat job you have done there on your build.

postscript:-

I have real difficulty in understanding Iron Man .I have just watched Iron Man 3.and am even more perplexed.

There is Iron man standard ,but not the original Iron man because he is version 42.There is also Patriot Man who would appear to be as useful as Iron Man.(so whats the point of Iron man).

Shouldn't it be Iron Men.?

Confusing to say the least

I noticed that someone actually bought the real sized resin Iron Man from Modelzone in Lakeside.it was up for £4000 to start with.

YIkes.

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
loverly neat job you have done there on your build.postscript:-

I have real difficulty in understanding Iron Man .I have just watched Iron Man 3.and am even more perplexed.

There is Iron man standard ,but not the original Iron man because he is version 42.There is also Patriot Man who would appear to be as useful as Iron Man.(so whats the point of Iron man).

Shouldn't it be Iron Men.?

Confusing to say the least

I noticed that someone actually bought the real sized resin Iron Man from Modelzone in Lakeside.it was up for £4000 to start with.

YIkes.
To try and answer a few of your points, after Avengers Tony Stark was obsessed with making different suits ready to combat any future threat, the Mk 42 as seen in the film was his latest for himself, if the next film sticks to Ironman lore the next suit will come from tech that's like nanobots and forms around him. The other suits are all powered by conventional thrusters and do not have the repulsors or the power output that his suit has due to his arc reactor in his chest,

On a side note Tony will also have a Hulk Buster suit and again if lore is followed the Hulk will be banned from earth after an epic fight with Ironman :smiling3:

Adrian

H

Harry Labanville

About 2 years ago I bought one from Modelzone .Entirely new field for me .

Gave it awy to one of my daughters friends boy.

Apparently he has it as a shrine in his bedroom

M

mobear

ade i love your ironman its sehr cool mate,i would give it 5*s all day long,think i might have to get one for meself lol

mobear