Warhammer Fantasy WIP

A

Antler Fallen

Was not sure where to put this, But here we go

I am painting up the Warhammer Battle For Skull Pass Box set, after many years of the models not being painted. I am by no means a good painter, this is my first real go at painting, i tried 2 years ago to paint 10 models and hated them so much that i stripped them and swore i was never go paint again. Well a few years later and i am gonna give painting another shot. Im not going to strip or get down, im just gonna crack on, Learn and get better with practise.

For those that don't know Games Workshop Produce 3 games 1 on fantasy called Warhammer Fantasy, 1 Sci - Fi Know as Warhammer 40K and 1 Film Based Warhammer Lord Of The Rings. All 3 are basically table top war games. The diffrence is you have to build and paint the models / figures yourself.

Battle For Skull Pass is the old Fantasy starter box Gw used to make, there intro games too get people into the hobby. This box set contains just over 100 minatures, 70 Orcs and Goblins and 30 Dwarfs.

I am painting up the Orcs and Goblins and my partner Jess is painting the Dwarfs.

We both have very diffrent painting styles so will be intresting to see the end results.

I am Currently working my way through 40 Night Goblin Spearmen. I can only cope with painting up around 5 at a time and i build things up bit by bit. I am building up the foundation / primer colours first. All the mini's have had a spray coat of black primer before the foundation colour is applied.

Here are the first 10 with there cloaks done with 2 coats of Vallejo Game Colour Extra Opaque Heavy Violet 72.142

B

Bunkerbarge

Well you can't say we are not diverse! A colleague of mine is into all this type of thing to the point of having dragons decorating his desk and I sometimes feel he is talking a foreign language. There again he is from Glasgow so in a way he is!

I'm looking forward to seeing what you make of these though and definately think you have the right approach. We all have to learn and move on, which will occassionaly be broken up my periods of depression after a major mistake but equally broken up by those moments when we get things just right and nothing could be better!

So just what is the difference between a Dwarf, a Goblin and an Orc?!!

C

CDW

\ said:
So just what is the difference between a Dwarf, a Goblin and an Orc?!!
Size, shape, height, language, strength, dress and most importantly (after playing dungeons and dragons for too many years and being on the wrong side of each) attitude! :smiling3: :smiling3:

A

Antler Fallen

This is where my Partner Jess has got too with 3 out of the 30 dwarfs

She has some touch ups too do, but i think they look epic

A

Antler Fallen

If I can paint anywhere near that good by the end off 2014 I will be happy

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Z

Ziper_it

This set is one I love the most. Actually i paint ed them in the past but not able to find them.

Perfect and clean work til now, I will follow this.

Francesco

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

like the detailing of the figures... great stuff

C

CDW

Right ... I take it they're acrylic?

I'm a big citadel user, have quite a few colours left over from when I bought some stock in for our 'games nights' years ago ..... So if you're struggling to find a certain colour I may be able to help.

Also have a flesh wash that highlights the features nicely if you want to give it a try.

A

Antler Fallen

\ said:
Right ... I take it they're acrylic?I'm a big citadel user, have quite a few colours left over from when I bought some stock in for our 'games nights' years ago ..... So if you're struggling to find a certain colour I may be able to help.

Also have a flesh wash that highlights the features nicely if you want to give it a try.
Thanks for the offer, I have the whole citidel paint collection, i also have the whole Vallejo Game colour collection. Thing i find with vallejo is that the pigments are far more refined and uniform. i kept getting tide marking with citadel and i could not over come it, i dont get that with vallejo game colour. Only down side to vallejo im having atm is the paint dries very fast on the pallette, i have swapped over to a wet pallette and i now dont have those issues. Vallejo just fits better with my painting style / technique

Matt

:smiling3:

Reactions: CDW
C

CDW

OK mate, offers there if you need a colour they've discontinued and I have it :smiling3:

More pictures when you're ready :smiling3: I'm tempted to route through my white metal stuff again after seeing this:smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Matt, I have the same problem with vallejo drying quickly. What do you mean by 'wet pallette'?

Gern

A

Antler Fallen

\ said:
Matt, I have the same problem with vallejo drying quickly. What do you mean by 'wet pallette'?Gern
A wet pallette, is what the name suggest's, i made my own but have ordered the P3 wet pallette, i just used some kitchen towel in a small takeaway container and then over the top place parchment / grease proof paper. The grease proof paper gets damp, but not damp to touch, keeps the paint wetter for longer

A

Antler Fallen

\ said:
OK mate, offers there if you need a colour they've discontinued and I have it :smiling3: More pictures when you're ready :smiling3: I'm tempted to route through my white metal stuff again after seeing this:smiling3:
Do it :smiling3:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Matt. I'll look into that.

Gern

C

CDW

\ said:
That was pretty straight forward..... OK ..... I'm going for it, might be a nice break from 'normal' building till the new year group builds start up.