Warped tank tracks in Revell Scorpion

J

John Rixon

Hey folks, am new around here, retiring to this hobby after many years! I am kicking off with a Revell Scorpion, and old kit I am building for a friend, who has had the box in his attic for years. My worry is that the tracks are bent and warped, and wondered if there was any way I can restore these to straight, before painting and weathering them?

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If there just the rubber type tracks they should just go back to shape when fitted . so just paint and weather as normal then fit them

D

dubster72

Hi John & welcome! I've had this problem before. I dunked mine in very hot (not boiling) water & then pulled them which worked to get the warping & kinks out.

Sometimes repeated goes are necessary, depending on the amount of warping. Hope this helps!

Cheers

Patrick

J

John Rixon

Thanks for your swift replies (clearly going to have to use this forum a lot for the near future!) I did wonder about heating them up, and I also thought they'd probably be ok once fitted, but I'd like them straight for my first weathering attempt! I cannot believe the amount of incredible information available these days, tutorials galore! Last time I was making models of any sort, we had to rely on other club members and magazines. I think if I make another tank, I'll have a go at using a track kit - the mate I'm making this for used to drive scorpions, so I have got to make this look good!