Welcome Aboard '' Doctor Who ''

T

tommy1drop

Hi Monica lovely start and apologies for just getting on board with this build.

Tom

Last edited:
First Name
Richard
Hi Moni,

finely found some time to write again, sorry it took so long.

nice i mean really nice Dr. Who kit you got there.

great start, like the photo background in the Tardis.

man I like the whole kit, cant wait to see how it turns out.

Cheers Richi

D

dubster72

I missed this one Moni, but I love what you're doing! Looking forward to seeing some more :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Tom,no need to apologies, glad you found it, :D ,

hi Richi always glad to see you about as well,and i know gets hard to find time for yourself as well, ;)

nice to see you along as well Patrick,o_O

glad you all like the old girl so far, not not doing much more to her i kind off like it the way it is ? :confused:

as Matt callers her sexy,and a bit worn around the edges,:rolleyes:

I do wont a some type of lights inside but found Leds at 3mm to 5 mm too duel ? or the ones i have,

so any ideas most welcome. :smiling3:

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi moni a simple switch usually consists of just one wire, I doesn't matter which one, +or-, the switch just cuts the wire or joins it up depending on the position of the contact in the switch. If the switch is the sort of diamond shaped piece of blue plastic over the round part with a screw each end in the top left of the pic I would say (to check this ) get a short length of wire put one end of it to one each of the wires on the switch to short them out should turn whatever the switch does on. If it does just remove remove those 2 wire and attach them to your new switch.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Ken ,thank you for your help,so if i get this right i can just extend the 2 green wire to a new ,switch ? is what your saying ? :confused:

the ones in the center next to the batter box, and also with the power i can just extend out the red / black ? to the new spot

which is going to be behind the brick wall thats why i made it with the new switch on top, :rolleyes:

i did not think it should be too hard to move them, ;)

ok so what else as a light could I use im finding that 3 x 5mm greens Leds still seam dull to me, ? any ideas on that one please, ?

well started on the painting of there clothing and then disaster, the pink or No 235 ,paint is all dyed oh no, :eek: :oops:

which is in the pic the pot in front, I real think its just a pink, so maybe a red/tinted down with white will do,o_O

and made a start on the rest of the bits, of clothing, which so far look ok to me ?

and got the handles on and just need to clean up the over run of the blue onto the windows, :rolleyes:

hope you all liking it so far,any comments welcome

View attachment 88567

View attachment 88568

View attachment 88569

View attachment 88570

View attachment 88571

View attachment 88572

View attachment 88573

View attachment 88574

20140910_081554.jpg

20140911_204544.jpg

20140911_204550.jpg

20140911_204616.jpg

20140911_204638.jpg

20140911_204729.jpg

20140911_204753.jpg

20140911_204806.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

First of all moni short the wires out as I suggested just to check that is the switch if it is you will have to remove them from that switch, and extend them to your new switch, as if you leave them on and that switch is set in the off position the operating wire will always be off, if you see what I mean. You can get super brite leds which still run at 3.2 volts they should be bright enough.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
, ta Ken,will do that 1st of all, You know i have not ever popped the battery in yet to see it work,:rolleyes:

become if i lefted it as is, the spring is far to strong to leave the door open to depress the switch turn it on :eek:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
a small update after quite a few hr,s have the pin stripping done on his vest and one leg, ;)

I hope to get the other leg done maybe tomorrow just need a wee rest after that lot :rolleyes:

oh my eyes,:oops:

View attachment 88599

View attachment 88600

20140912_121040.jpg

20140912_121056.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi moni that would drive me mad,:eek: have you gone cross eyed yet, blimey that is attention to detail and no mistake. Great work.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
hi Ken, so glad you like the pin stripping, oh yes your so right my eyes my eyes,lol,:rolleyes:

but I think its all worth it ,dose look cool to me, :D

will get the other side done soon, I hope,

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
have a small update ,

finished off the Doc,s suit with the pin stripping, think it turned out ok to me,:rolleyes:

need to give them a few coats of dull clear, and then a wash,

as the paint for Martha,s t-shirt had dryed up ,I did try to match it the best I could, and think i got it very close,

with a 2, 3rd coat should, be fine and some darker added to the creases , will be close, o_O

and still need to weather in Martha,s jean,

and trying to get around to painting there heads what scares me so :confused: that i will cock it up, :oops:

mostly done with the tardis ,just some touch up work, and wiring to be done,

the base is mostly done as well, just need to add final things once all is done,

so hope you are likeing it so far and remember that I do potter about some what,

and almost for got finished my kitten as well, just need to dull her done, :rolleyes:

View attachment 88765

View attachment 88766

View attachment 88767

View attachment 88768

View attachment 88769

View attachment 88771

20140913_090613.jpg

20140913_090621.jpg

20140915_070940.jpg

20140915_070957.jpg

20140915_071038.jpg

20140915_071047.jpg

First Name
Richard
Wow, that's some nice work so far can't wait to see it finished.

I really like this one, and for the heads you will nail it, I am sure of that.

I just saw episode 8 - 4 of the Doctor I am still getting used to the new Doctor.

Cheers Richi

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Richi, thank you for such nice words, :D

thats what I need is some encouragement. ;)

so glad that your liking it :smiling3:

I,m liking the new Doctor, I find he that has some of tom,in him, but will slowly change to be his own

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
I'm enjoying this one too Monica, nice work so far mate.

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
ta Joe glad your enjoy it :D

T

treyzx10r

I just caught up with this one Monica,had to go back and check it out from the start ,really awesome what you've got going on ! Must admit Dr. Who was a late nite see on public tv back in the day here stateside when we had only 5 channels to choose from,yea I said it I'm that old! My Grandaughter has reintroduced me to it with the new generation Dr. Who recently, so this is great and perfect timing for us both to enjoy. Thanks for sharing and eagerly awaiting the next update!

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Superb Moni, terrific work! Love the pinstripe, really sets it off.

Si:smiling3:

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
so glad you like it Trey, and yes i can remember that the Doctor was on ABC ever night of the week and even reruns as well,

then they stated this once a week and if no new series none at all :mad: oh why ABC why,

oops showing my age as well, :confused: lol

ta Ken i do real appreciate all the kind comments for all :D and glad your liking it also :rolleyes:

hi Si well that is a once in a life time , thing never again im still see strips infront of my eyes, but you know

its very well worth it and ta foor the great comments as well, ;)