Welcome to Papa695's Bi plane GB. Chat thread

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Looking in my stash there are a few vacforms still lurking, like this
DSCF4759.JPG
This was later injection moulded by MPM/Special Hobby, so this will remain unmade!
Rareplanes were one of the 'garage' makers, that most of the vac-forms came from. Some of the models were quite sophisticated, like those by Esoteric & some were basic in the extreme - I had a 1/32 ID Models Westland Wyvern - there was a model in there, but would need years of work to refine it!
Good old days - 1/72 models would weeks to make interspersed by days waiting for paint to dry!
Dave

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Dave,Dave,Dave:astonished:.....
.... you're a bad man, tempting me like that !!!!... There's me trying SO hard to be good,(haven't bought a kit for months),and you go and post that up....Noooooo .... I must resist!
.........(click)........
....... Oooops.....

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I've got a couple of possibilities..... An Eduard 1/48 ProfiPack C.II or the B-534....a Czech 1930s biplane....same vintage as the Gladiator and NO rigging!!

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
There was an octogenarian on a club display at the Midland Air Museum show last week who had rigged several 1:144 biplanes, with fishing line. He'd also made a motorbike in the same scale - with spoked wheels, fishing line again!
When I can figure out to to move photos from my new phone to the computer I'll post them.
Pete

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Right, I'm in. I have permission to sign up as, I believe, Father Christmas will be nice to me. Quite what my subject will be - I have no idea. But I did explain clearly, what a bi-plane is. This could go one way or the other !

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
There was an octogenarian on a club display at the Midland Air Museum show last week who had rigged several 1:144 biplanes, with fishing line. He'd also made a motorbike in the same scale - with spoked wheels, fishing line again!
When I can figure out to to move photos from my new phone to the computer I'll post them.
Pete
He'd also hand painted lozenge camo:
IMG_20231203_114220.jpg
Sorry, I thought I'd photographed the rigging and the motorbike, but apparently not - my new phone had other ideas.
Pete

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Right, I'm in. I have permission to sign up as, I believe, Father Christmas will be nice to me. Quite what my subject will be - I have no idea. But I did explain clearly, what a bi-plane is. This could go one way or the other !
Nice to have you aboard Colin.