Wessex HU-5

First Name
Dave
This is very nice, great scheme. Is this the 1/48 or 1/72 scale?

No matter what the size you have done a stupendous job. Congrats

D

danntheman

Just noticed I posted this in wrong area, apologies all. It is 1/72 scale, and hand painted, as unfortunately I do not own an airbrush, wish I did.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Just noticed I posted this in wrong area, apologies all. It is 1/72 scale, and hand painted, as unfortunately I do not own an airbrush, wish I did.
At this scale and with camouflage pattern an airbrush would have complicated matters with masking up etc. The finish you have achieved is awesome especially with a hairy stick.

Airbrushes come in to their own when used on larger areas especially with the cheaper ones, the higher price end ones can give great results with fine lines and close up touch ins.

Have a look at everythingairbrush.co.uk they do some good airbrush sets, I would highly recommend the purchase of a compressor too, I used to use aerosol airbrush cans and even spare tyres, a compressor is invaluable!

First Name
john
Nice chopper might get myself one from the Telford model show this weekend:smiling3:

D

danntheman

Wish i was going there, the club I am a member of will be there, IPMSIRELAND keep a look out for them.

D

danntheman

\ said:
At this scale and with camouflage pattern an airbrush would have complicated matters with masking up etc. The finish you have achieved is awesome especially with a hairy stick.
Airbrushes come in to their own when used on larger areas especially with the cheaper ones, the higher price end ones can give great results with fine lines and close up touch ins.

Have a look at everythingairbrush.co.uk they do some good airbrush sets, I would highly recommend the purchase of a compressor too, I used to use aerosol airbrush cans and even spare tyres, a compressor is invaluable!
looked at site but must admit with exchange rate on euro and postage they would turn out v expensive, but am going to look arounf dublin to see if i can source reasonable one

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Very nice work on the Wessex Dan. Looks colourful and smart in that scheme.

S

steve scan

Great work Dan and nice brush painting, looks excellent.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice looking chopper,we don,t see alot of them like the camo,and also the sag in the blades, ;)

D

danntheman

\ said:
very nice looking chopper,we don,t see alot of them like the camo,and also the sag in the blades, ;)
thanks for kind comments i enjoyed doing it as well