what kind of cement to use

S

stellamonster

Hi guys

Being new to modeling and only completed a couple of Revels custom Choppers of which I used Revells contacta glue, and found it quite messy and seeing the glue line on some of the parts ( the handle bars and the stand was the worst ) I'm mostly going to be building motor bike and cars from the tamiya range so any suggestions on what would be best for less mess or I'll take it on the chin if I just have to hone the glueing skills better.

Darren

P

Plastickitbasher

Darren

I use Tamiya liquid and Tamiya extra thin cement and find that seems to work most of the time. For clear parts I use Krystal Klear that works a treat as it dries clear.

Hope that helps

Regards

David

S

stellamonster

Cheers david, going to invest is some, I had been looking at the tamiya liquid and extra thin range, will also be getting some kristal klear as well. Thanks again for the advice. Darren

F

Foxhound

\ said:
Hi guys Being new to modeling and only completed a couple of Revels custom Choppers of which I used Revells contacta glue, and found it quite messy and seeing the glue line on some of the parts ( the handle bars and the stand was the worst ) I'm mostly going to be building motor bike and cars from the tamiya range so any suggestions on what would be best for less mess or I'll take it on the chin if I just have to hone the glueing skills better.

Darren
I use Humbrol Liquid Poly for most parts, PVA wood glue for clear parts (works a treat) and superglue if i need to mix plastic with white metal