What pressure?

N

noble

Hi dave does your brush have a pre-set trigger control, if so tighten down on it so the trigger only moves back very slightly and set your compressor down to 12-15 psi. Thin lines requires some control, by moving the brush quite close to the kit and keeping it there, I have just started using Vallejo model air and if you find the paint is slighty thick just add a drop or two of thinner give it a mix and test the brush on some kitchen roll first. if you are able to write your name in thin lines you have everything spot on.

scott

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
The thickness of a line is decided by how far from the object the airbrush is held when spraying. That is fairly self evident. The difficult bit is maintaining the distance to give a consistent line, and also increasing the mount of paint introduced as you move further away (for a thicker line).

There is no avoiding the need for practice. It's something I don't do enough! I've been spraying some dark grey this morning and with this thread in mind I sprayed this on a sheet of white paper (terrible photo!) to use up the paint left in the cup. The thinnest line is a pencil thin line.

IMG_1520_zpssreoiggc.jpg

It shows a lack of practice, but anyone should be able to do this, or better, with a little practice. Though it won't be relevant to most the paint is a Colourcoat enamel sprayed from an Iwata Eclipse (0.35mm nozzle) at about 35 psi.

Cheers

Steve

First Name
Dave
I had a bit of a try this afternoon and turning the pressure upto 30 psi and it sprayed loads better with Vallejo air I just need to refine my trigger technique.

Dave