What the Hell?!

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Guesse no one likes my ugly duckling--awwww....

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
It is an ugly truck Jim ......... But a first class built. Five big stars from me Matey.

Peter

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thank you Peter. Made from 1/35 Italeri 'Katyusha' 1/35 - Heller 'GMC 2 1/2 ton ' -and 1/48 scale T-34 - tracks from 1/35 'Rommel ' halftrack. Truly one of a kind.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I like it, something unusual and of course first class build and painting.

Si:smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
I like it, something unusual and of course first class build and painting.Si:smiling3:
Thanks Si I like taking my little adventures in {the chop shop} I get an idea and just run with it. Even I don't know how they will turnout sometimes! Glad you like it.

N

noble

It's an ugly beautiful half track grumps nice work .

Scott

L

Laurie

Very nice model Jim. I like the unusual as it is different that is model making for me.

The soft top looks good whether plastic piece supplied or specially made it looks the part.

Laurie

P

phalinmegob

that's great Jim, would be proud to have that in my collection

First Name
Aaron
Truly a kit bashed masterpiece, even mixing scales...saluted.

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
That's wacky! o_O ...totally ace but wacky :smiling3:

Lee :smiling3:

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanx! check out "Heavy Hauler" in softskins another "bash" as you call them also see "Mobile Flak" in comp arty

S

Stevekir

A very good model. I have often wondered how these half-tracks (right name?) steered. If the ground is so slippery that tracks are needed to go forward, I wonder how the conventional front wheels managed to provide the sideways thrust needed to alter direction, without slipping, especially when going up hill when the downward force in the front would be lower.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
\ said:
A very good model. I have often wondered how these half-tracks (right name?) steered. If the ground is so slippery that tracks are needed to go forward, I wonder how the conventional front wheels managed to provide the sideways thrust needed to alter direction, without slipping, especially when going up hill when the downward force in the front would be lower.
All of the German SDK type halftracks had track brake steering which automatically engaged after steering wheel was turned more than 15 degrees though not the maultiers which were expedited truck chassis with rear wheels removed and replaced with either Cardon Loyd styled or Panzer 3 running gear rushed into service to handle the horrible eastern front roads. The American M3 type halftracks depended on front wheel drive. Hope that helped..... JIM

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Oh!! also check out "Why we love Russia #!" another big bash of a halftrack description in thread thanx for all your kind words ....now you've got me thinking BASH EM! again may shelve current project and go on the hunt through my stash closet!

S

Stevekir

\ said:
All of the German SDK type halftracks had track brake steering which automatically engaged after steering wheel was turned more than 15 degrees though not the maultiers which were expedited truck chassis with rear wheels removed and replaced with either Cardon Loyd styled or Panzer 3 running gear rushed into service to handle the horrible eastern front roads. The American M3 type halftracks depended on front wheel drive. Hope that helped..... JIM
Thanks. Very interesting

D

Deleted member 3568

Great job there, I do like something a bit different.