What's on the Bench? 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Okay, Sprague painted and bits attached...only railings to go. At the mo it's been varnished ready for decalling. The varnish has made it look darker.

S13.jpg

Funny how the white paper reflector has made it look lighter in shade than the Knox.

S15.jpgS16.jpgS17.jpg

Cheers,
Richard

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well the hobby room is more or less done, just need to move a rather large display cabinet from up stairs to the hobby room. (not to mention the models inside it)!
Any how...
20211216_135814.jpg
Paint table looks like a bomb went off already lol. U-boat paint started.

20211216_135835.jpg
Need to make a door of some sort for a new cabinet...If only it was 4cm narrower, but alas now I need to buy a full sheet acrylic!

20211216_135849.jpg
Most of the stash.... and more messy work top! Dont take long do it!?

TTFN.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I've been rather absent from the forum since August due to the rather relentless nature of my new job, with very little time available for hobbies. But there has actually been something on my bench for all that time which I could have shared ,and it's only just occurred to me to do so.
I have been working on a private commission for a local architect during my limited spare time. It's a 1-50 model of a house he has designed and it will go on display in his shop window on our High Street. It is entirely 3D printed in PLA filament on my Ultimaker S5 and it will eventually have lights inside. It will not be painted but remain in the monotone grey, which is what architects like....
As you will see, I haven't tried to print it in one piece, I have made a kit of parts to enable better definition depending on the build orientation required, and to minimise the need for support structures on overhangs.
Hopefully it will be finished in the next couple of weeks and I can start something of my own, I'm really missing it now.
Hope you find it interesting.
cheers
NeilView attachment 440353View attachment 440354View attachment 440355View attachment 440356View attachment 440357
VERY nice!!! Well done

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Well the hobby room is more or less done, just need to move a rather large display cabinet from up stairs to the hobby room. (not to mention the models inside it)!
Any how...
View attachment 440616

View attachment 440617
Need to make a door of some sort for a new cabinet...If only it was 4cm narrower, but alas now I need to buy a full sheet acrylic!

View attachment 440618

TTFN.
Sooooooo jealous.... I'm just on the kitchen table...

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I've been rather absent from the forum since August due to the rather relentless nature of my new job, with very little time available for hobbies. But there has actually been something on my bench for all that time which I could have shared ,and it's only just occurred to me to do so.
I have been working on a private commission for a local architect during my limited spare time. It's a 1-50 model of a house he has designed and it will go on display in his shop window on our High Street. It is entirely 3D printed in PLA filament on my Ultimaker S5 and it will eventually have lights inside. It will not be painted but remain in the monotone grey, which is what architects like....
As you will see, I haven't tried to print it in one piece, I have made a kit of parts to enable better definition depending on the build orientation required, and to minimise the need for support structures on overhangs.
Hopefully it will be finished in the next couple of weeks and I can start something of my own, I'm really missing it now.
cheers
NeilView attachment 440353View attachment 440354View attachment 440355View attachment 440356View attachment 440357
Nice. Do they still make houses like these over there? All new houses over here are ultra modern and seldom showbrick work.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Any how...
View attachment 440616

View attachment 440617

View attachment 440618

TTFN.
You planning to have a group build session in there...what a lot of space.:smiling2: Heating must be costly as it would for air-conditioning if it were here.

Cheers,
Richard

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
cheers
Neil .

2020DB.jpg
Oh to have the skill to set that up and the printer.Top rate work.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You planning to have a group build session in there...what a lot of space.:smiling2: Heating must be costly as it would for air-conditioning if it were here.

Cheers,
Richard
We have air to water heat pump on the central heating. 30% of the price of our old oil boiler.

Thanks for the other comments, got the rest of the 'skateboard' painted, next up a gloss coat and a bit of rust grime and streaking.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice layout you have there Ian. Lots of space too.....Oh, and I really love the skateboard your building in the first picture!!!

Prost
Allen
Thanks, it's not bad is it. The only problem i suffer is the low winter sun, remember that, does kinda beat in the Windows, it's easy solved with a black out blind.
Plenty of room to build big war canoes.

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Status
Not open for further replies.