What's on the Bench 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Hi Neil, nice stuff. I have a question as this has happened the second time seeing it. The other is from my kitchen designers drawings. Are the images in perspective or is this the norm for 3D drawings, the vanishing point seems to come at you and not away into the horizon. I thought it was very Dali like...distorted. Even the base is on a slope...is there a slope?

Baffled,
Wabble
thanks Richard.
The images are not in perspective, just a sort of isometric- you can rotate the image any which way, without any optical illusion - that's only in done in renderings-ie 'artist's impressions' like this

Cropped.jpg
And yes there IS a slope, and the building doesn't go all the way through it when I made these images, but it does now:smiling4:. How VERY observant of you!
You can see the 'artist' didn't bother to take the garden walls down to the ground either :tears-of-joy:

malvern_man

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Hi all,

This is what I'm working on at the moment, it's a Warhammer Leman Russ tank ( I've got 3 Tamiya kits to do after this one ) It's only my second modelling attempt after many, many years of not modelling.

I'm enjoying building and painting it but at the same time I'm not enjoying it, it's hard to explain. I've made some tarps for it after watching numerous YouTube videos, I'm really pleased with how they came out, I forgot to photograph them though.

Regards, Chris.

malvern_man

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Hi all,

Did a bit more today, I attached the bulldozer blade and the tarps that I had previously made ( first attempt at tarp making )

In hindsight maybe I should have painted them in a more contrasting colour so that they show up more.

Regards, Chris.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I built & started painted this kit over two years ago and it's been sat in a box since. I cracked it back open today and finally put the figures together.

Tamiya 1/35 Kettenkraftrad

1000005170.jpg

1000005171.jpg

Probably my longest build yet. Might actually try and finish it :smiling5:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Folks,

After all the show excitement, I decided I needed a Sabbatical, Black Sabbath, or something like that to chill and to re-group my melon. Been doing a stash clear out and reorganization because I have too much stuff on the shelves. I've been following along on here, but haven't been commenting very much. I have also stepped back from the wing thingy work for a bit and have gotten back to my roots. Something simple and really enjoyable too,

IMG_4200.JPG
A Tamiya Kübelwagen motor piece from their add-on Maint. kit. I am building the Kübelwagen too, with a twist...

Probably my longest build yet. Might actually try and finish it :smiling5:
You really should Andy. The 3 figs in the pics are all staring at you, wondering when you are going to finish us!!!...

Lotsa ketchup to do over the next few days. So much great work going on and so little time..............

Prost
Allen

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Yea the mans back ,good stuff ,won't hurt to come away from the wingy thingy Allen as much as we all love to follow your exploit I sometimes feel that the minuet you've started to share it puts a certain amount of pressure to continue wether you feel like it or not. A little self indulgence with your roots will be good for the old mind set enjoy it it is after all supposed to be a enjoyable retreat. Dave

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
1:1 scale modelling, for the moment, Swedish made, good fit, no sanding or aftermarket improvement needed :tongue-out:;
20231108_104439.jpg
BV 206 is again on stand by as this week and the next my presence is needed elsewhere but nothing to be worried about, just a couple of anniversaries: a meeting with old Military Academy mates to celebrate 40 years from our entrance in that Institute, and then my Dad's 90th birthday :smiling:.
Back to the bench soon, and probably with some more kg under my belt :rolling::disappointed2:.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Figured out an alternative to buying trailers for these large Autocar tractors I have had hanging around.......so, you take two ROCO trailers and you cut the back side off both, except you have to cut them so when you put them back together the end product is 4 feet (in scale) longer than when you started and you cant see the cut line.....P1012913.JPGP1012914.JPGP1012915.JPG

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Always a good solution, IMHO. But tricky to get the cuts square :smiling3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Agree with Jakko .
You small scale guys amaze me every time.

malvern_man

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Hi all,

I decided to get these 1/35 scale AK wooden boxes out of their packaging today and start to build them. They're a bit fiddly but I think they look pretty good, they'll be even better when painted and weathered. I think I might leave the tops off a couple of them and put some weapons or equipment in them.

Only another 3 of this size to go :smiling3:

20231117_164139.jpg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I know I'm a messy worker (like father, like son) but how on earth can anyone work like that? :tears-of-joy:
IMHO the pots of paint are in the way for doing much modelling there, but if he mainly paints wargames figures rather than builds vehicles, then I guess he doesn’t need much space if he holds the figure in one hand and the brush in the other?

At least he’s got his desk right in relation to the radiator. Unlikely he’s going to sit there with cold feet, anyway :smiling3:

Status
Not open for further replies.