What's the best airbrush cleaner?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Cellulose thinners will shift just about anything, so It probably is the best airbrush cleaner available. It's hot stuff and might ruin some airbrushes. I have airbrushes with resistant (Teflon) bits, but still only use the cellulose thinners occasionally for a really deep clean.

Cheers

Steve

P

PrinceofDarkness

I have always had a tub of warm water for water based paints where once you finish dip the front under water and blow through then cover the tip gently with a soft sponge and you ill get blow back the bubbles tend to do a good job of cleaning the paints through the brush. MAKE SURE YOU BLOW THROUGH ALL THE WATER after taking it out of the tub.

End of the days use always dismantle and clean thoroughly and dry wipe everything Be careful of the needle. As a beginner it used to take time but now its only a five minute job. use an airbrush lubricant when putting the parts back.

Only way i know how

P

paul 1/16th freak

\ said:
hi there I'm using a iwata neo Airbrush and I use testors airbrush cleaner which is ok but ( expensive )I'm looking for a cheaper option ( I have also tried window cleaner diluted 70/ 30 ( 70% being water ) but I still find either testors or my window cleaner mix still not the greatest
I use a variety of paints mainly acrylics tamiya, revell, Vallejo ( vallejo nicest in airbrush ) but still find I spend a long time cleaning so what's a good cheap cleaner that's going to give me more time painting and less time in between paint changes???
I find that ultimate airbrush cleaner is about the best I've used.recommended for Iwata airbrushes,and its about £6:00 for 270 mls

M

Michael Boyes

I use Vallejo Airbrush Cleaner I do a 50/50 mix with water and it cleans my airbrush out perfect everytime never had a issue at all so far. I also use ragdab for the needle it stops sticking for upto 4 hours of use its not cheap but it's blinking amazing at stopping sticking paint on the needle.

P

PrinceofDarkness

One other item which I find handy for cleaning airbrushes and it Ivan be an expensive investment but in the long run a worth while one and one which the wife and or husband will probably use more that you and that is a ultrasonic bath generally a good one will cost about £100. Gets in all the crevices ordinary cleaning does not get to