Wheels for a 1:24 Mini conversion

D

Dasha1

Does anyone have any ideas where I can source a set of wheels to convert a Tamiya 1:24 Mini Cooper 1275S Mk.1 into a Mk.1 850 Mini?

G

GeeBee

Are these the one's you are after ??

I converted the Tamiya Mini into a Austion 850, I have the masters, but need to get a few sets cast up for myself,

Have a look at my website, where I posted photo's of the build

http://geoffbrown.webs.com/basicaustinmini.htm

D

Dasha1

Yes! These are exactly the ones. Now going to your website.

D

Dasha1

Great website, can nearly find everything I need on it. I normally do military stuff but this is a gift for my brothers 60th birthday, it was his first car so I want it to look right. Any chance of casting a set for me? Many thanks, Dasha

G

GeeBee

I will, but I need to order in some more RTV as the molds are shot, but this time I'm going to be casting them up in Resin, I am going to cast the wheel and hubcap together, which will be easy to paint then do the hubcap in BMF, and I will cast the tyre separately, these are the correct crossply tyres that the old Mini's had as standard.

G

GeeBee

Ordered the RTV today, so I'm hoping to get a new mold made soon,

G

GeeBee

I will be making the new moulds next week, hopefully I will have a set of the wheels & tyres for you soon,

G

GeeBee

Well I finally got round to getting the molds done for this, I've been busy building and writing models for a Military Model magazine, plus I still have three articles to finish for another magazine, but anyway the molds look good, so hopefully I will be doing the resin casting of the wheels & tyres very soon.

Here's the molds :-