Colin.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You are going to get so many opposing replies to this. FW190 is rather popular here and you will get loads of help and hints. A few have also done the Hellcat, so you will not be alone there either!

Both being from Eduard, they should both be good kits.

I would say Go for the Hellcat as there are fewer of those been done. If you go for the FW, check out the Group Build, There are a lot of great examples in there.

Ian M

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Just a thought...

Why not try the dual combo first, in this way you can almost use one as a test bed for the other Hell cat and preparation for the 190?

There's was a group build not so long since with the FW190 as it's theme - there's a few Doras in there.

Best of luck with the 1/48 builds I'm sure you'll enjoy them

All the best

Paul

C

cwmitch

Thanks for the reply's so far.. Your both making me sway towards the Hellcat first.

Colin.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
Just a thought...Why not try the dual combo first, in this way you can almost use one as a test bed for the other Hell cat and preparation for the 190?

There's was a group build not so long since with the FW190 as it's theme - there's a few Doras in there.

Best of luck with the 1/48 builds I'm sure you'll enjoy them

All the best

Paul
Colin, whatever you do don't use my Dora in the group build as a reference, or Gern's 190 for that matter!!! lol

Good luck with the builds and keep us posted on progress.

Ron

C

cwmitch

Cheers for the comments Ron although I think you can do camo a bit better than me!!!

P.S. forgot to add I'll defo keep ya all informed on the build I decide O and a step by step

on how bad it is!!

Colin.

Last edited:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
"Dora" the last and best piston engined fighter of WWII. It should be called "too little,too late" LOL.

Steve

B

Bunkerbarge

It's the Hellcat for me. I really like the look of the early 190's, all stubby and aggressive, but the Dora's looked odd with the disproportionately long nose.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
but the Dora's looked odd with the disproportionately long nose.
But they put the somewhat unsubtle extension piece in the fuselage infront of the tail (empennage) to balance it out LOL!

Actually I agree that the Dora isn't going to win any beauty pageants but then nor is the Hellcat. They are both great airplanes built for entirely different roles.

Cheers

Steve

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I think on looks the Dora wins.

Ian M

S

Sweb

I'm a fan of round engine fighters. The early BMW powered 190's were good looking airplanes. The Dora version just looked wrong to me especially the way the engine was faired in to the fuselage along the bottom profile from the nose to the wing root. The F6F was a brute by comparison. That said, they are both classics and a coin flip would make my decision.