Whitehaven!!!

M

MartinH-K

That was a good festival! I'm not familiar enough yet with you guys to identify who's is what but the sub, the frigate and the battleship were great! I've some question sabout the battleship if you can identify yourself for me. Sorry we didn't get to see there Duncan. Maybe next time...:music_too

D

duncan

Hello Martin, sorry but I couldn't make it to Whitehaven, weather during travel would have been too risky. Glad you liked the event, it just gets better every year. I believe the weather cleared on Sunday there. it cleared here too so I went to a round of the tug-towing championships at Greenock, only a 2hr drive. Some serious models there ( all about 1/32 or 1/24th) but I wanted to see some of the new Springer Class tugs but only two turned up and I had two so only four there. They weren't competing but they had fun. The chap with the battleship and submarine at Whitehaven is Roger Wilkinson. I`ll PM you his contact details. How are your plans for a manned model coming along ? I`ve been off-line intermittently so haven`t kept up with this forum. can you post any pics of the Whitehaven boats/ships/planes ?

M

MartinH-K

On the heels of playing at Whitehaven,I had to dash off to France to play in a couple of festivals so I'm not much further forward as I just got back last night. The main construction drawings are complete and I've started cutting wood- frame and formers. Long way to go yet though... I'm trying to find a pyro-technician to talk to about the guns... mmmmm