Who makes 1/48th World War1 Bi Planes?

U

ulfhednar101

Hi to you all, totally new to this forum and new to the whole scale model building scene. I am looking to build a World War1 Bi Plane and do not have a clue where to begin looking. My local model shop only stock a very small range of planes and do not have any WW1 in 1/48th scale.

Any advise regarding which manufacturers make these kits, quality and price of kits would be very welcome.

Thanks

P

Plastickitbasher

Try these links

Eduard Models / Model Kits

Eduard Model Accessories ltd.

Hannants - Plastic model kits and accessories

Hope these help

Regards

David

F

Fenlander

Eduard are very good and some of the kits are 'Duo' which means you get two full kits and bits so a couple of versions of the same aircraft can be built

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Rodin do a whole range of WW1 aircraft in 1/48 and 1/32 they are stocked by a good number of online and high street shops (I've seen them in Model Zone).

Try here (SE5a example)

Roden 1/48 RAF S.E.5a with Wolseley Viper engine # 416

Both Eduard and Rodin are very good (I'm building 2 WW1 1/32 aircraft myself)

Hoe this helps

Paul

D

djbozz

I just found this, might have a go at this One myself

Tamiya America Item #61071 | Fairey Swordfish Floatplane

along with this kit

Tamiya America Item #61072 | Swordfish Floatplane Wire

and this One

Eduard 1/48 Swordfish Mk.II self adhesive TA # FE384

:redface:

This One is WW2 I appologise

Last edited:
L

Lady_Phoenix

Have you looked on ebay as you *can* get a bargain. (Sorry, I seem to preach the holy ebay gospel a lot)

U

ulfhednar101

Hi again, thanks for the responses, very useful. I went the ebay route and picked up a Roden Sopwith Strutter Bi Plane. It is the later 1 seater bomber version which is exactly what I will be using it for in my Great War Wargames.

Just one thing i am not sure of, will the kit come with a pilot? if not is it possible to order one from somewhere?

Many thanks

L

Lady_Phoenix

\ said:
Just one thing i am not sure of, will the kit come with a pilot? if not is it possible to order one from somewhere?

Many thanks
I have some spares if you want. I never use the pilots for helicopters or props. If if comes without send me a message and Ill give you my address so that you can send me a SAE.